Acro ID

araziza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I was at the Red Sea and I captured a picture of this colony of acropora because the shape was just so amazing. I’ve always loved the picture, especially with the shoaling fish that add movement, and if I could recreate this in a tank (wildly ambitious, I know) it would be the ultimate aquascape for me. Can anyone identify which species of acro this is?

C53DFBA0-2CAD-42D6-AAAB-08765013B485.jpeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really hard to let from the photo. Maybe a stag horn of some sort?

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the approach of looking for species endemic to the area you were diving in, as that picture lacks resolution and lighting for a proper ID. If you search for “Acropora endemic to (area in question)” you may be able to narrow it down to some likely candidates.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the approach of looking for species endemic to the area you were diving in, as that picture lacks resolution and lighting for a proper ID. If you search for “Acropora endemic to (area in question)” you may be able to narrow it down to some likely candidates.
Solid suggestion.

The Red Sea has far fewer variety than Indo does. That growth shape is also fairly distinctive (and gorgeous).

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I was at the Red Sea and I captured a picture of this colony of acropora because the shape was just so amazing. I’ve always loved the picture, especially with the shoaling fish that add movement, and if I could recreate this in a tank (wildly ambitious, I know) it would be the ultimate aquascape for me. Can anyone identify which species of acro this is?

C53DFBA0-2CAD-42D6-AAAB-08765013B485.jpeg
Any chance you can take a clearer picture? Maybe under blue lights? It would help

So What No GIF

Of COURSE I AM JOKING!! Gorgeous coral though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back