Acropora-eating flatworms?

jonesdeini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this frag and I was inspecting it before dipping and noticed what appear to me as aefw. I would love other's opinions on this
IMG_20191109_231013.jpg

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. I can see what look like the bite marks but that could also be where new growth is about to sprout. What came off in the dip?

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potentially new growth, I have a pest free system and a couple acros looked like this prior to new growth. As what the others have said, what cam off in the dip?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the time on branches that are starting to show new growth small circles like that will be the first signs of the growth. They are normally spread out and aefw bit marks will normally follow a trail. On the other hand they will do anything to fool you and make it into your system, almost like they know where to go so you can’t see them. Evil little worms. If nothing was in the dip I wouldn’t worry, I always keep my eyes opened anyways though.

OP
OP
jonesdeini

jonesdeini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There wasn't anything in the dip but it was a really cheap acro so I put it in my non sps dominant tank because I didn't want to risk it. I appreciate everyone's input

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bite marks are usually more concentrated near the bottom and a place where they can wander closely to lay eggs (on the dead tissue or rock). Those at the top are suspect, but if those are the only ones, then it could be something else.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back