Acropora help appreciated

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200629_132520.jpg

What is that, lower left, black and white, did you check for crabs?

OP
OP
Hellybell80

Hellybell80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after the dips and a week of being left alone. Its starting to spread.
I have caught a hermit that sits (eats maby) in the centre of the coral.
Its most of the branches now.
20200705_115037.jpg

Again sorry for bad pic. I just can't get a clear shot.
Buts its worse. Was hoping its new growth like my other two accro. Lots of lighter growth on them.
Is it worth fragging what I can and move it from where it is?.
I have a green didgi that has mysteriously has lost some polyps, not far from that coral. Had been doing well.

Maybe i have a rouge crab. None of my parameters are bad. I test a few times a week. Regular water changes every week.
All the other corals are doing good.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after the dips and a week of being left alone. Its starting to spread.
I have caught a hermit that sits (eats maby) in the centre of the coral.
Its most of the branches now.
20200705_115037.jpg

Again sorry for bad pic. I just can't get a clear shot.
Buts its worse. Was hoping its new growth like my other two accro. Lots of lighter growth on them.
Is it worth fragging what I can and move it from where it is?.
I have a green didgi that has mysteriously has lost some polyps, not far from that coral. Had been doing well.

Maybe i have a rouge crab. None of my parameters are bad. I test a few times a week. Regular water changes every week.
All the other corals are doing good.
I’ve had a mixed reef for a long time. I have some acros, but I‘m not an acro expert like some on this forum, so hopefully they will chime in. I do know that my “smooth skin” acros are harder to keep for me than the others. Yours appears to be a smooth skin type to me. I have about a dozen frags right now and a few colonies. I’ve had problems with 2 of them, both smooth skin.

If that was my coral, and it was getting worse, I might try to frag a piece, dip in a coral dip and put somewhere else in the tank. I would have to research the dip. I would look for an antiseptic dip, not a anti parasite dip.

Sometimes, if all of my others corals are doing well, I try not to worry too much about a singular coral. That’s easier to say than do.

Sorry I don’t have a good answer. Good luck.

OP
OP
Hellybell80

Hellybell80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a mixed reef for a long time. I have some acros, but I‘m not an acro expert like some on this forum, so hopefully they will chime in. I do know that my “smooth skin” acros are harder to keep for me than the others. Yours appears to be a smooth skin type to me. I have about a dozen frags right now and a few colonies. I’ve had problems with 2 of them, both smooth skin.

If that was my coral, and it was getting worse, I might try to frag a piece, dip in a coral dip and put somewhere else in the tank. I would have to research the dip. I would look for an antiseptic dip, not a anti parasite dip.

Sometimes, if all of my others corals are doing well, I try not to worry too much about a singular coral. That’s easier to say than do.

Sorry I don’t have a good answer. Good luck.
Thank you for the reply.
I have dipped both antibacterial and parasitic.
I don't think moving it will do it any more harm. Ll get it fragged tomorrow and I'll find a different spot and see what happens.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back