Acropora skeleton chunk missing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Acrofiend
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Acrofiend

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2016
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
579
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Has anyone experienced this?
Never seen this before.

7a1249b6ea9fe3610da5c4fe7235ecc9.jpg
 
Any Crabs ?

No crabs.
I have a wrasse, Midas blenny, cardinal, 2 clowns and 2 peppermints.
I’m thinking it could be parameter related. Looks like my tissue is thinning on my other acros.
Alk: 8
Cal: 380
Nitrate: 10
 
If anything I’m the one in need of the cash. I did remove the colony out of water the other day but not sure how this would cause it.
 
Stuff gets broken all the time. My fish and golf ball sized snails are set to ‘auto frag’ mode. Just found another busted colony just this morning. If you took it out of the tank, chances are you did it. I can’t move a coral without something cracking off.
 
Stuff gets broken all the time. My fish and golf ball sized snails are set to ‘auto frag’ mode. Just found another busted colony just this morning. If you took it out of the tank, chances are you did it. I can’t move a coral without something cracking off.

That’s what I was thinking. Probably dropped something on top of it and didn’t notice.
I did have a small case of aefw a month ago but not sure if they can cause that kind of damage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new