Adding a chalk bass in a 75

Thomasflynn15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with a decent amount of rock work. I want to add a chalk bass. The current two fish of concern are my azure damsel and orchid dotty. Right now they live 100% peacefully with 2 clowns, a coral beauty, and banggai. Never had any issues. Haven't added fish in over 2 months. Will adding a chalk bass break the peace cycle in my tank?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with a decent amount of rock work. I want to add a chalk bass. The current two fish of concern are my azure damsel and orchid dotty. Right now they live 100% peacefully with 2 clowns, a coral beauty, and banggai. Never had any issues. Haven't added fish in over 2 months. Will adding a chalk bass break the peace cycle in my tank?
I would say go for it, if there’s plenty of rockwork for all three fish to establish a territory it should work just fine.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big fan of chalk bass. They are prone to ich, so you ought to pre-quarantine it and I'm not sure if your orchid dotty will leave it alone.

Edit: size matters. I should have said I'm not a big fan of the TINY chalk bass that I see in LFS. A larger one would fare better...

Jay

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently Mine jumped out of a tiny opening in my tanks cover, I didn’t find it till the next day. Also they should be kept in an odd number school. Ones I’ve had in the past didn’t stay under the rock work, but were all over the tank. They were the first fish I collected as a teenager, in Biscayne Bay.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back