Adding Fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter jman9331
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jman9331

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2015
Messages
458
Reaction score
33
Location
Suffolk Va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I'll be adding my first fish to my 75 gal aquarium, 2 clowns to be exact. My question is how long of a gap should you wait to add other fish?
 
I would say 2-4 weeks, but that varies depend on ur tank ages, ph, temp and so on...I would take it slow, see how the first ones does..
 
I would probably allow about 2 weeks since you're adding two fish and you want the filter to be able to catch up. I usually suggest adding no more than one fish per week. It's always best to take things slow :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new