Adding gfo

fishmaster818

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
932
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week i am going to be adding a gfo reactor. How much should i use so i dont hurt my corals.
 
As a general rule use 1-2 grams per gallon of water in your aquarium. To be safe start with 1 gram until levels drop over a period of a week or two. 8 grams in a tablespoon.
 
It say 11 tablespoons so im going to start with 6 so i dont shock my corals

That'll work. I feed my fish a lot so I tend to do a little more than what they call for, but that's me. And I don't change the GFO until I noticeably see algae growing on glass quick. Usually about a month
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new