Adding sand to a existing DSB.

Val Shebeko

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
320
Reaction score
86
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have about 3vinches of oolite and would like to add an inch or two more. Can I do this or will I kill the existing sand bed?
 
You can do this, but only add about a 1/4" at a time and try to space out these additions over a couple weeks or so. You don't want to bury your existing micro fauna right off the bat. GL.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new