Advice before I order?

#R_TST

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I'm new to the hobby. My adult daughter has a saltwater tank and I keep wanting to put stuff in it so she said I need my own tank! I'm completely new to saltwater tanks so I've been spending endless hours researching, learning, and educating myself. I have decided that I really want a reef tank with lots of coral and mushrooms and I seem to really like the invertebrates, CUCs, and there are a few fish I'm thinking about. So I'm looking at a diamond goby, Cardinal, firefish, shrimp, snails, maybe a couple crabs, but mostly mushrooms, soft coral and considering eventually other corals.

Right now I'm stuck on trying to decide what tank I want. I am debating between the Fluval 13.5 gal and the larger Fluval Flex 32.5 gal. I really like the AOI option as a starter and have seen some very nice builds of the 13.5 gal. But I'm wondering if I should bump up to the 32.5 gal Flex so I have room to grow without having to buy a new one and start a new bigger tank down the road. BUT, I've seen some concerning posts here and there about the quality of the 32.5 both in craftsmanship and hearing of structural failure/cracking. I don't know if those are rare cases or if I should be concerned. With all the sales, I'd like to order one this month so any expertise about these 2 tanks and recommendations as to which one I should start with would be great.

Has anyone had any problems with the Fluval Flex 32.5?

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask, where did you order from? I just ordered one and it arrived broken. Looking for other options now if they aren't able to replace it

chandavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 32.5. Im brand new to the reef tanks and I’m extremely happy so far with it. I especially like the all contained filter etc. Lighting is pretty decent and is even controllable with the fluval smart ap. Also very quiet. As to cracking/ durability ive only had it for 35 days so we’ll have to see. ( in the ugly stage). I’m planning on this one being my quarantine tank when I go to a larger size. All in all very happy so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 52

skiff21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 32.5. Im brand new to the reef tanks and I’m extremely happy so far with it. I especially like the all contained filter etc. Lighting is pretty decent and is even controllable with the fluval smart ap. Also very quiet. As to cracking/ durability ive only had it for 35 days so we’ll have to see. ( in the ugly stage). I’m planning on this one being my quarantine tank when I go to a larger size. All in all very happy so far.
I’ve had the same tank for a while now. Check out my thread.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back