• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Advice on selling my full set up? :(

CampAquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. I just started in the hobby about 6 weeks ago, and then had an unexpected and serious job change. I'm feeling super overwhelmed, and definitely don't have the time or ability to maintain the brand new system like I need to. To add to it, I went all in on a Red Sea Reefer 625 G2 with all the trappings. Already have some nice fish and corals, and everything is doing well. But with my new job and long hours, I'm already struggling to keep up the maintenance and attention it needs, and my time availability will only get worse. I had a bit of a breakdown last night realizing that maybe I should just sell it all and move on before I kill a poor creature or mess up my job.

Does anyone have advice on selling their reefs and tanks? It is better to try to sell the entire system, stocked and all? Or is it better to sell livestock individually, and the tank/utilities separately? Also, any insight to what would be a good price to post the 625 for?

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would suggest selling livestock first and then parting all the dry goods out. If you think you might be in the hobby again in the near future save some of the goods that can be stored easily and re-used. Good Luck!

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Denver reefer here. Probably want to get rid of the livestock first. What do you have?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 61 41.5%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.8%
Back