Advice on stock for BC32

geraldfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking For second opinions on my stock list. I’m also a big worrier when it comes to negative interaction between tankmates so call me out on any possible aggression in this group.

to my new tank I’ll add new fish first,

For my “sand level” fish I’m thinking of going with a Hi-fin and a candy pistol shrimp. Candies won’t ruin my scape moving big pieces and won’t get big enough to bother anyone, but they’re small enough that I’m worried a larger fish may pick on him??

then I’ll go with a possum wrasse probably. They stay pretty small and move around enough to be my second free swimmer. I also find them super cute and heard they don’t pick on anyone- fish or inverts.

since this is a new tank I’ll add these less aggressive fish first, and let them settle and make sure they’re healthy. Once I’m sure I’ll transfer my clown goby and ocellaris from my 29 to the 32, since the 29 is like 8 years old and I’m ready to retire it and start with a fresh tank. My clown has to be the last added because I’ve had issues with him in the past being a little a**hole.

i understand there’s always a chance for aggression with clowns but I’m hoping adding him last will delete the probability.

does this sound like a good group? As long as clown is added last I feel like the goby and wrasse will bother no one, and I doubt the goby shrimp pair will either. also questioning if the pistol will be a danger to anyone at all?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking For second opinions on my stock list. I’m also a big worrier when it comes to negative interaction between tankmates so call me out on any possible aggression in this group.

to my new tank I’ll add new fish first,

For my “sand level” fish I’m thinking of going with a Hi-fin and a candy pistol shrimp. Candies won’t ruin my scape moving big pieces and won’t get big enough to bother anyone, but they’re small enough that I’m worried a larger fish may pick on him??

then I’ll go with a possum wrasse probably. They stay pretty small and move around enough to be my second free swimmer. I also find them super cute and heard they don’t pick on anyone- fish or inverts.

since this is a new tank I’ll add these less aggressive fish first, and let them settle and make sure they’re healthy. Once I’m sure I’ll transfer my clown goby and ocellaris from my 29 to the 32, since the 29 is like 8 years old and I’m ready to retire it and start with a fresh tank. My clown has to be the last added because I’ve had issues with him in the past being a little a**hole.

i understand there’s always a chance for aggression with clowns but I’m hoping adding him last will delete the probability.

does this sound like a good group? As long as clown is added last I feel like the goby and wrasse will bother no one, and I doubt the goby shrimp pair will either. also questioning if the pistol will be a danger to anyone at all?
Everything seems just fine!! If you don’t want the aggression then you may be better off giving the clown a new home but I don’t quite know.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back