Advice on transporting a new large tank.

OutColdCRNA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
1,620
Location
shreveport
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading my 65 gallon to an 8’ 240 gallon. The new tank and stand are about 5 hours away from me. I’m wanting to make sure I have thought this process out. And would appreciate any advice for large tank transport.

I am going to rent a 6’x12’ enclosed trailer. My idea is to set the tank in dense foam on top of two pallets. The tank strapped to the pallets and pallets strapped to the trailer. Will probably cusion the straps across the tank with dense foam as well.
Any other recommendations for transporting the tank would be greatly appreciate!
 
I am upgrading my 65 gallon to an 8’ 240 gallon. The new tank and stand are about 5 hours away from me. I’m wanting to make sure I have thought this process out. And would appreciate any advice for large tank transport.

I am going to rent a 6’x12’ enclosed trailer. My idea is to set the tank in dense foam on top of two pallets. The tank strapped to the pallets and pallets strapped to the trailer. Will probably cusion the straps across the tank with dense foam as well.
Any other recommendations for transporting the tank would be greatly appreciate!
Nope. You got it.
 
I am upgrading my 65 gallon to an 8’ 240 gallon. The new tank and stand are about 5 hours away from me. I’m wanting to make sure I have thought this process out. And would appreciate any advice for large tank transport.

I am going to rent a 6’x12’ enclosed trailer. My idea is to set the tank in dense foam on top of two pallets. The tank strapped to the pallets and pallets strapped to the trailer. Will probably cusion the straps across the tank with dense foam as well.
Any other recommendations for transporting the tank would be greatly appreciate!
Honestly that sounds like a good plan!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new