Erik the Red

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’m planning to get a new tank instead of my Waterbox 35.1 AIO. The reason is that it’s never really taken off and I need some more stability as due to my job it can be hard to follow the tank. So basically I’d like a bigger tank to allow it to go on autopilot once in a while.

For what regards corals, I look at many extraordinary beautiful tanks on the internet and even though that’s a motivation to be better every time, it is also demoralising not to be able to reach those high standards…I feel bad. For this reason I’ve decided to go for easy corals (softies, gorgonians, maybe 1-2 easy LPS) that I would transfer from my current tank.

I have plenty of time before setting up the tank (end of August ‘22) so I want to plan a bit ahead.

I am undecided between these tanks:
>Waterbox Marine X 90.3
>Nyos Opus 300
>Aquamedic Armatus 300/375

for what regards the equipment, I want to use what I already have right now:

2x Vortech MP10 (I read that they also fit on glasses above 10mm thickness)
1x AI Prime 16 (I’ve e seen beautiful tanks lighted by only AI Primes)
D-D P4 dosing pump
Tunze Osmolator

what needs to be changed is:
- skimmer: undecided between a Nyos 120, Deltec 400i, Bubble Magus A5, AquaMedic Power Flotor L
- Heater: probably one of those classic Eheim heaters

for what concerns the inhabitants, I’d really LOVE to have a single tang, but I know it won’t be possible. So my wish list (note, NOT the stocking list) is:
- a beautiful pair of ocellaris clowns from my current setup
- a longnose hawkfish
- two or three anthias (not sure it’s possible)
- midas blenny
- four lined wrasse
-Tomini surgeonfish

I take into consideration all suggestions! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

since I’m planning to relocate, I’d move my current tank in the new place, then transfer fish and corals once the new tsnk would be cycled and use it as a quarantine for the new fishes. It would take ages to add them to the new tank, if i do batches of 2-3 fishes each 2 months!

Any advice is much appreciated!

cheers

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nyos is an interesting tank (but I've never seen one in Canada). Not a fan of Waterbox.

I like my Nyos Quantum skimmer. You'll probably need two AI Prime 16HDs to illuminate the larger tanks. Eheim Jagers are great heaters but the IM Helio looks like an awesome heater (will be trying mine out soon).

You'll probably be ok with a really small tang for a few years. Just look for one with the smallest potential length.

Back