Advices for a new tank

SimaoF

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
Viana do Castelo
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a new tank, peninsula layout, 140x60x60 cm (55.2x23.6xi23.6 inches), 500L (133 gallons).
I don't have ideas to the rockscape because:
1. I have a tank already with some rock but I'm not sure if I am gonna use it at all, probably just to cycle new possible rock (need some help and information on this).
2. I have no ideas, I really like those type of art reef rock but I am still exploring.

The real question here is about flow, the tank will be SPS dominant, and if possible I would like to have the 3 sides clear. Right now I have 2 xf330 gyres, and I don't know if it is enough for what I want.
I was thinking on MP10 or MP40 or a similar Jebao (since it is cheaper).
Does anyone have any useful advices about these topics?
 
I personally prefer the flow created by gyres versus the MP pumps, having used both, especially considering the price difference. For affordable gyres, I use and enjoy these:

Hygger: same price point as jebao, but better controller (not a huge fan of wifi/bluetooth controls, specially cheap ones): https://amzn.to/47SuJYt

MaxSpect: Higher price point, but more robust hardware and easier to clean/maintain: https://amzn.to/3Npf38i
 
Upvote 1
Ended up buying a MP40 to supplement my double XF330... now about lighting :)))... I have 3 XR15 G6 but I don't know it will be enough, and since I'm in a "budget", I was thinking on buying 2 XR30 G5 used, and selling two XR15 G6, having this way 2 XR30 G5 and 1 XR15 G6 (Im looking to make it a dominant SPS tank)

Any opinions on this? Dimensions mentioned above
 
Upvote 0

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new