OP
OP
Fishgeek88

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cords are still pretty unorganized but I mounted some stuff to a piece of wood...tried to get it off the ground in case something ever leaks. This is the first time using one of those wifi powerstrips and I really like it. It elminates the need for timers for the lights and it tracks wattage use which is nice.

IMG-4317.jpg

OP
OP
Fishgeek88

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I needed something to keep all the random fish stuff organized in my office. There is zero room under the stand. Ikea just came out with a new little cart. $15 and it fits perfectly on the side of the fish tank. Really happy with it.

IMG-4314.jpg
IMG-4309.jpg

OP
OP
Fishgeek88

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did a little work under the stand. Got one of those cheap little undercabinet lights off amazon. For being so small it gives a decent amount of light. Its nice having some light to see things when working on the filter. I also like that you can remove it and recharge it and that its motion sensing.

I also got the top off installed. I used some RO line and fittings instead of the rubber line. Keeps it a little cleaner looking imo.

IMG-4316.jpg
IMG-4312.jpg
IMG-4315.jpg
unnamed.jpg

BrittneyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How was it to wrap the back of the tank? Would you mind sharing a link to the product you used? Would you do it again if you had the option to go back?

OP
OP
Fishgeek88

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How was it to wrap the back of the tank? Would you mind sharing a link to the product you used? Would you do it again if you had the option to go back?
It wasnt hard. I picked up vinyl wrap off amazon. Just make sure to use soapy water when applying.

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got both return lines and the dursos built and installed. The dursos are probably a little high but I wanted to have the tank running before I cut them down a tad.
unnamed.jpg

Can you share a pic down into the overflow?

Have to set up a similar dual overflow and wondering where your emergency is located?

Yours is looking great!

Thanks

OP
OP
Fishgeek88

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you share a pic down into the overflow?

Have to set up a similar dual overflow and wondering where your emergency is located?

Yours is looking great!

Thanks
Dont run an emergency drain, never had a need to.

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed something to keep all the random fish stuff organized in my office. There is zero room under the stand. Ikea just came out with a new little cart. $15 and it fits perfectly on the side of the fish tank. Really happy with it.

IMG-4314.jpg
IMG-4309.jpg

I'm setting up a 2nd hand Aqueon 125g right now and you've given me a great idea. I'm gonna pull that sucker out a bit and get me one of those carts. If you wouldn't mind helping a fellow reefer out, what are the bulkhead sizes and how tall did you make the drain in the overflow? This will be my first time really plumbing a tank like this so I'm a bit nervous.

OP
OP
Fishgeek88

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just a quick after summer update. Pretty busy summer so didn't post much. Tank is doing well I am maxed out on fish and corals are slowly filling out.

Current fish list:
Powder Blue Tang
Gem Tang
Purple Tang
Blue Hippo Tang
Pair of Wyoming White Clownfish
4 Green Chromis
1 Blue Reef Chromis
Melanarnus Wrasse
Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse
Red Belted Anthias
Pair of Kupang Damsels
Royal Gramma
Mandarin Goby

Tank has been running on Orphek OR3 Striplights. I have a 60" Blue Plus, a 60" Reef Day and a 48" Blue Plus.

I was able to find a Vertex Media Reactor and need to find some time to hook it up. Currently just using a filter bag in the sump with some Rowaphos.

Overall pleased with how its doing just waiting on corals to fill in a bit more.
IMG-5030.jpg
IMG-5031.jpg
IMG-5032.jpg
IMG-5033.jpg
IMG-5034.jpg
IMG-5035.jpg
IMG-5036.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back