AI hydra users

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if them being darkened s true or note, just from posts I have read, not my personal experience. I have 2 of the hydra 52 HD's. @jsker is the person to talk to about the 26's, but it definitely looks like you are on the right track!

Howieumd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anybody could give some feedback and ideas that might help me out. I have a 390 gallon main tank. Currently I have 4 AI Hydra 52 HD's sitting over it, about 10'' above the water. I have a 5th one, but it's still in the box. It's 8' long and there's 3 rows of cross bracing, so 4 openings that are about 20'' across, and the cross bracing is about 4'' wide. I have 1 fixture above each of the 4 openings. I'm just getting started with corals. I'm pretty sure I don't have enough lighting with just the 4 Hydra's at this time. I wanted to go 5 or 6 across, but if I do so, they sit over the cross bracing, so wasn't sure if it'd be effective in that case. Does anybody have ideas for what might be the best way to sit the lights over the tank, and how many I should use?

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anybody could give some feedback and ideas that might help me out. I have a 390 gallon main tank. Currently I have 4 AI Hydra 52 HD's sitting over it, about 10'' above the water. I have a 5th one, but it's still in the box. It's 8' long and there's 3 rows of cross bracing, so 4 openings that are about 20'' across, and the cross bracing is about 4'' wide. I have 1 fixture above each of the 4 openings. I'm just getting started with corals. I'm pretty sure I don't have enough lighting with just the 4 Hydra's at this time. I wanted to go 5 or 6 across, but if I do so, they sit over the cross bracing, so wasn't sure if it'd be effective in that case. Does anybody have ideas for what might be the best way to sit the lights over the tank, and how many I should use?

How deep is the water?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My standard Hydra 26s on my 4'6" reef.
20160826_143332_zpsji8otkig.jpg

Now with a Royal Blue Power bar switched on for that extra pop.
20160826_143402_zps3phbq5te.jpg

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at UV this way. When you go out and tan to fast or if the UV is to high your skin burns. But if you slowly go out with increasingly longer sessions your skin builds a tolerance up and you color up (tan). Same thing with UV and corals. The UV helps your corals color up with colorful pigments in order to protect the tissue. If you acclimate corals to higher UV they react the same as skin and build up a tolerance and show more color. This is one of the reason why MH and LED with UV can color corals so well. I run my UV at 35% not peak time and 50% for my peak time.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light started to randomly flash. Has this happened to anyone else? It started right after I started changing some settings. I closed the app and disconnected from the wifi and still happening. When I mean flash I mean with all the LEDs maybe they switch to all on mode or something much brighter than my 40-60watt setting.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light started to randomly flash. Has this happened to anyone else? It started right after I started changing some settings. I closed the app and disconnected from the wifi and still happening. When I mean flash I mean with all the LEDs maybe they switch to all on mode or something much brighter than my 40-60watt setting.

I think this could be the weather setting... I turned it off. Stupid me ;p

DanP-SD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently replaced Radions with Hydras on the ends of my tank. (The middle 3/4s is covered by a Giessman Aurora). Couldn't be happier. Easy to install. Easy to program. Took some trial and error to get the color to match the Giessman but it was imminently doable. My corals seem to agree they're great lights. BTW, the Radions put out great light too but I just got tired of the fickleness of Reeflink so I made the switch.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For an 84" x 40" x 26" tank, with little to no shodowing and sps, how many 52's should be ran? I was thinking two rows parallel of 8.

Thoughts?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back