AI Nero 3 - Garbage

schwa6970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nero 3 owner here. I have 3 of them . 2 of them have been perfect no issues. The third one however has been nothing but trouble from day 1. Stalls constantly . It takes multiples of plugging and unplugging to get it to work again. Its about 3 months out of warranty now . Really wish Id have had it replaced

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I just had my last one (of 5 I’ve had) fail 6 months after warranty. Never buying an AI pump again, but do love their lights.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my nero 3s. Almost 2 years on the pair. Only at 55% max right now, but I have run them higher and they are quiet. I do also like jebao, but one of my slw started making a ton of noise. I run all jebao returns and they are great.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nero 3 owner here. I have 3 of them . 2 of them have been perfect no issues. The third one however has been nothing but trouble from day 1. Stalls constantly . It takes multiples of plugging and unplugging to get it to work again. Its about 3 months out of warranty now . Really wish Id have had it replaced
Same here. Got a few. One became history and a bas experience dealing with Ecotech. Currently one always stall smh

Chris1081

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of all the pumps/powerheaders I have bought the Nero 3 is the only one that stopped working. Mine will start for a sec and then shut off. I tried everything and its out of warranty. I have 10 dollar powerhead that had less problems. It's a shame I really like my Nero 5s and my AI lights.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of all the pumps/powerheaders I have bought the Nero 3 is the only one that stopped working. Mine will start for a sec and then shut off. I tried everything and its out of warranty. I have 10 dollar powerhead that had less problems. It's a shame I really like my Nero 5s and my AI lights.
Agree. Here comes the Jebao pump comment, never had one died on me yet for about 7 years in the hobby, except a return pump I got from an old set up, it’s propeller housing cracked but that’s it.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some credit cards will extend warranty by 1 year. That’s how I got mine replaced.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back