AI Nero 3 - Garbage

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know why so many people are bashing jebao, I have had a return pump from them working 5 years before I replaced it, that was just because it had got a bit noisy, and I also have had 2 sw8 wavemakers from them for the past 3 years

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220214_065938_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214_065938_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20220214_065954_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214_065954_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 40

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know why so many people are bashing jebao, I have had a return pump from them working 5 years before I replaced it, that was just because it had got a bit noisy, and I also have had 2 sw8 wavemakers from them for the past 3 years
They can bash and waste their money all they one. One day when that fancy smancy pump that costs 5X times more died and out of warranty just like my case they will learn from it. Again, they wanted $145 to fix a $220 pump.

yeah my Jebaos are still work since I started this hobby 5 years ago.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like most everyone has a comment when they hate something, but never go out of the way when they live something.
I have had my Nero 3 for about a year and have nothing but positive results. I also ran jabeos (wavemakers) for many years with an old 75g and 60g tanks. Had no issues with their performance, especially for their value. In the long run though, I believe you get what you pay for. The Nero for me was a solid wave maker for being priced directly in the middle of cheap Chinese and Ecotech’s proven product. Given that AI and Ecotech are one in the same, I think that helps know the product comes from a solid company, with great customer support. Just my thoughts.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like most everyone has a comment when they hate something, but never go out of the way when they live something.
I have had my Nero 3 for about a year and have nothing but positive results. I also ran jabeos (wavemakers) for many years with an old 75g and 60g tanks. Had no issues with their performance, especially for their value. In the long run though, I believe you get what you pay for. The Nero for me was a solid wave maker for being priced directly in the middle of cheap Chinese and Ecotech’s proven product. Given that AI and Ecotech are one in the same, I think that helps know the product comes from a solid company, with great customer support. Just my thoughts.
It’s good that you’re being optimistic and I was too till it died on me. Long run? Sure maybe you and some has so far but certainly not for me and a lot people had the bad experiences.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap Chinese stuffs? All my Jebaos are made in China but yet still running! Nero was prob made here in the states then because it’s a point of sale

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap Chinese stuffs? All my Jebaos are made in China but yet still running! Nero was prob made here in the states then because it’s a point of sale
If you would have READ my post in it’s entirety you would have noticed I said that I ran them for many successful years without issue. Maybe slow down and be open minded when reading other posts next time instead of finger slapping your keyboard as soon as someone says something that hurts your opinions. Cheers.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you would have READ my post in it’s entirety you would have noticed I said that I ran them for many successful years without issue. Maybe slow down and be open minded when reading other posts next time instead of finger slapping your keyboard as soon as someone says something that hurts your opinions. Cheers.
Still Jebaos

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be parting out the broken Nero 5 I got back. According to them the propeller and power brick works, the controller lights up and it has a solid red light. Any takers let me know will post soon

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Nero 3’s in my tank. I’ve had three fail now and have utilized their replacement warranty for $1 each time.

AI mentioned after the 3rd replacement that this should not be occurring and they would bring up the issue of the pump seizing with the flashing red light on the driver to quality control to make sure this doesn’t happen again. At least their response is good.

Just seems odd that I would get 3 lemons before having 2 working pumps. So far no issues with the new ones after a couple months.
Very late to the party, but how have your NERO 3's been holding up? Thinking about buying one, but I'm very worried about the high fail rate these powerheads seem to have...

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very late to the party, but how have your NERO 3's been holding up? Thinking about buying one, but I'm very worried about the high fail rate these powerheads seem to have...
I picked one of these up used from another member of my local club. It has worked well for me. I can't speak for anyone else, but my only complaint is that I prefer the vortech style pumps that have no wires in the tank. But I knew that going into it.

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked one of these up used from another member of my local club. It has worked well for me. I can't speak for anyone else, but my only complaint is that I prefer the vortech style pumps that have no wires in the tank. But I knew that going into it.
Very much appreciate the feedback!

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will add that I have it in a 15 gallon waterbox mini peninsula, along with a beefed up return pump. I run the nero3 at relatively low speed, and it's as silent as the grave.
I've got a 25gallon mini peninsula. What return pump are you using?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 25gallon mini peninsula. What return pump are you using?
Sicce 1.0 with an innovative marine spin stream. It's a relatively low flow tank, a zoa garden. No complaints though. I really like the app, and the fact that that ai prime light also works on the app. I know it's not for everyone, but both the light and the pump are serving me well and I have had zero issues.

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce 1.0 with an innovative marine spin stream. It's a relatively low flow tank, a zoa garden. No complaints though. I really like the app, and the fact that that ai prime light also works on the app. I know it's not for everyone, but both the light and the pump are serving me well and I have had zero issues.
Did you have to do any mods to get it to fit in the rear chamber?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have to do any mods to get it to fit in the rear chamber?
I didn't. I popped off the little intake grill thing and in it went. The hose was a different length than for the stock pump. I can't remember if it was longer or shorter though. I want to say I needed a longer hose. It's a little bit tight and only fits when oriented in one direction, but it is WAY better than the stock pump that came with the tank. The 15 and the 25 have the same chamber configuration, so it should work for you as well.

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't. I popped off the little intake grill thing and in it went. The hose was a different length than for the stock pump. I can't remember if it was longer or shorter though. I want to say I needed a longer hose. It's a little bit tight and only fits when oriented in one direction, but it is WAY better than the stock pump that came with the tank. The 15 and the 25 have the same chamber configuration, so it should work for you as well.
Awesome! Thank you so much for the recommendation!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back