• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AI Nero 5 pumps (4 of them)

derekh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling 4X Nero 5 pumps.

They're all like-new, crazy clean, and very quiet (no one pump is louder than any other). Two of the pumps were purchased new in February (I can provide documentation if requested), whereas the other two were purchased locally (estimated 6-9 months total use to date). Since they're all in pristine shape, I have absolutely no idea which pumps were the ones I bought new vs used locally.

I only have two boxes (the two new pumps I purchased in February), so the first two that ship out will get them, and the other two will just be super well packed.

Prices are firm and shipping is included:
Buy 1 for $200.
Buy 2 for $375.
Buy all 4 for $675.

Local pickup can knock $25 off the price. I'm probably not interested in any trades, but I'm open to offers.

I'll ship the cheapest option that comes with a tracking #, and I should be able to get these sent out the next business day after payment.

Cheers!
Derek

IMG_20190919_195507.jpg IMG_20190919_195455.jpg IMG_20190919_195423.jpg

OP
OP
derekh

derekh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two more bits of info:

1) These have never touched vinegar while in my possession. HCl @ 5% only for cleaning.
2) While I've read about people getting pumps with weak mounting magnets, I've never had any of these fall off their mounts on my 75 gallon tank (just under 1/2" glass).

OP
OP
derekh

derekh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally I had one on each side of the 75, about 1/3 the way down from the top and about 3" from the front glass. Then I picked up the used ones from a local reefer buddy, and I put those at the bottom/back of the tank to blast behind the rockwork.

Top-right was synced with bottom-left. Top-left was synced with bottom-right. This got a pretty sweet alternating gyre effect going on in the tank.

Then I got tired of getting the bottom corner pumps out of the tank for maintenance since it was kinda a puzzle to do without disrupting the rockwork. I settled on having all 2 pumps on the left, 2 on the right. Each side had a pump about 1/3 the way down from the top of the tank, then another 1/3 the way up from the bottom. This also achieved a nice gyre-like flow but was was easier to get the pumps out for cleaning.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back