vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The next Nero pump has been released. $300

AI NERO 7 Submersible Pump
Maximum Glass Thickness: 0.79 in. (20 mm)
Flow Rate: 4,000 gph
(15,142 lph)
Power Consumption: Variable, 40W max
Recommended Tank Size: 80-500+ gallons

Included Pump modes
Constant Speed

A constant stream of flow at the intensity of your choosing.

Pulse
Consisting of uniform high and low levels.

Random
Simulates a high-energy reef environment.

Aim True
With a large range of movement in all directions, you can direct the flow where your tank needs it most.

Simple Built-in Control
All AI devices include smart control standard. Use the myAI® app on any iOS or Android device to easily set up or program your Nero pumps. Nero also supports Mobius control. Visit mobius.app or download the Mobius app for more information.

Included Nero Guard
The Nero Guard offers more safety to slow-swimming and curious inhabitants.

Dimensions
Width 3.38 in. (86 mm)
Height 3.38 in. (86 mm)
Depth 2.42 in. (61.6 mm)

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nero 3 and it's ok. It stops working every few weeks, but I can get it up and running again after a quick cleaning. I could have gotten similar results from Jebao for 1/2 the price and probably would have had even less issues TBH. That being said, I couldn't imagine spending $300 for a pump from AI when again, I can possibly have a slightly less unreliable pump from Jebao, and pay far less money for it.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a nero 3 and it's ok. It stops working every few weeks, but I can get it up and running again after a quick cleaning. I could have gotten similar results from Jebao for 1/2 the price and probably would have had even less issues TBH. That being said, I couldn't imagine spending $300 for a pump from AI when again, I can possibly have a slightly less unreliable pump from Jebao, and pay far less money for it.
Agree

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will never own a vortech, i have 2 nero 3’s and 2 nero 5’s, only issue I’ve ever had with any of them is mini cerith snails getting jammed up in one of my 3’s. Other than that they’ve been flawless. I just wish they made a gyre that was as easily programmed as the neros!!

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Nero 3 but other pumps have taken my heart. I swear Nero 3 is the only pump in my tank that attracts dwarf ceriths and things to jam it up. I'd probably be more on board with the Nero 7 if it could be pointed or came with something to aid in that.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a love hate relationship with AI. I just had to replace one of my nero5s after i cleaned it. Yes you read that correctly. After it was cleaned it wouldnt turn back on. But its hard to find a decent wave pump for under $200 that can do what a nero can do. Compact, great flow and a lot of adjustability. Jebaos are tom loud IMO.

I recently just bought a gyre RS Reefwave 25 and i like it but don't like the fact you can only increase the power by 10% at a time. I wish i could fine tune it a bit more.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll switch when they make flow pump that has a wet and dry side like Ecotech's.....patent ends in 6yrs lol
I actually hate the look with wires on the outside of the tank. The only reason to get MPs is if they are going on the back glass. I have my Neros on the sides. You dont notice the wires on the inside of the tank.

Fasthandsslowmind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a Nero 3 on my nano tank for a few years and it’s been really good. Tempted to replace my MP60 on the end of the 6’ peninsula with a NeRO 7. The MP60 is kinda noisy, but could be sold for enough money to buy one.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had 2 neros 3 pumps and both magnets split and started rusting and yes i do clean them properly lol . i clean all my power heads every month

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i had 2 neros 3 pumps and both magnets split and started rusting and yes i do clean them properly lol . i clean all my power heads every month
A lot of this was associated with vinegar soaks and China parts- muriatic or citric acid had less impact, but still no excuse for a lifeline part to fail

Last edited:

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
At $300 it's priced fairly for the GPH and its small footprint, wondering about reliability but its too new to know for sure.

How long have you guys had your 3 & 5s running issue free so far.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back