Ai Prime 16 hd settings in a nano reef

Asian Hurricane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all,
I have a newly set up I'm nuvo fusion 20g peninsula with two clowns in it. I have 2 ai prime 16 hds coming in and I was wondering about the light settings for them. I plan to mount them 8 inches above the tank and copy the settings that BRS used in their investigates video. My question is will these settings fry corals? The tank itself is only about 13 inches tall. I am very new at all of this so I am rather overwhelmed at all the slider options in the app haha. Thanks all.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1578619740491.png

Edp251

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a 20 gallon Red Sea nano Max E with a single AI prime older model and I can only get about 200 par up high and 75-100 down on the substrate. It is also very focused like a cone so the par drops a lot outside of the direct beam. Two AI prime 16s should give good coverage. What type of corals are you considering. The good news is you can always turn them down. If you can borrow or rent a par meter, you can save yourself a lot oh guess work. Best of luck!

smirkis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as long as you run the lights in acclimation mode for 30 days your corals should take the final setting it settles at.

Tomtank23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a newly set up I'm nuvo fusion 20g peninsula with two clowns in it. I have 2 ai prime 16 hds coming in and I was wondering about the light settings for them. I plan to mount them 8 inches above the tank and copy the settings that BRS used in their investigates video. My question is will these settings fry corals? The tank itself is only about 13 inches tall. I am very new at all of this so I am rather overwhelmed at all the slider options in the app haha. Thanks all.
Hows it all working out? I am getting the same tank and was trying to figure out my lights and was thinking of running a similar setup. How is it mounted at 8 inches? is there a lot of light spilling out? that was my biggest concern because of where my tank will be located.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a IM 20 peninsula with 2 16HD primes mounted over it at 9 inches off surface. I used BRS AB+ settings for them( uses about 32 watts each of the 60 the primes goes up to). Doesn't fry the coral at all, but it does fry the lens of the violet and UV LEDs after about 6 months. I even grow Acropora under them. I am completely happy with them. Not sure I'd want to try them on a much deeper tank though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back