AI Prime HD+ Lighting Schedule Questions

Garrett3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all just recently purchased an AI Prime HD+, and am completely lost with the lighting schedule. Open to any suggestions or pictures of other users schedules. Also another question I have is I've noticed on some peoples' lighting schedules, there is a zig zag or up and down throughout the peak of the day.. what's the reasoning for this? My tank is a 16G Biocube, with Frogspawn, Pulsing Xenia, zaoanthids, a florida ricordea, and more to come.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some folks think that the zig-zag can enhance photosynthesis (or at least that's what one of my Instagram followers told me). Personally (and also from my Botany classes from Undergrad), I see no reason for it and it can be pain to sit there and program such an erratic schedule in.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my schedule on my Maxspect Ethereal, I know they are different lights entirely but the bell curve I used is common in the hobby and I also believe it more closely reflects what actually happens with the sun in nature. Keep in mind intensity is dependent on your tank size and the types of corals you are keeping :)

20180217_090841-gif.677335

OP
OP
Garrett3

Garrett3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my schedule on my Maxspect Ethereal, I know they are different lights entirely but the bell curve I used is common in the hobby and I also believe it more closely reflects what actually happens with the sun in nature. Keep in mind intensity is dependent on your tank size and the types of corals you are keeping :)

20180217_090841-gif.677335

Thank you for the reply appreciate it!

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Radion AB+ settings. You can find this in the BRS video where they spot light the AI Primes. It gives a great crisp look.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back