AI Prime HD+ Lighting Schedule Questions

Garrett3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all just recently purchased an AI Prime HD+, and am completely lost with the lighting schedule. Open to any suggestions or pictures of other users schedules. Also another question I have is I've noticed on some peoples' lighting schedules, there is a zig zag or up and down throughout the peak of the day.. what's the reasoning for this? My tank is a 16G Biocube, with Frogspawn, Pulsing Xenia, zaoanthids, a florida ricordea, and more to come.
 
Some folks think that the zig-zag can enhance photosynthesis (or at least that's what one of my Instagram followers told me). Personally (and also from my Botany classes from Undergrad), I see no reason for it and it can be pain to sit there and program such an erratic schedule in.
 
This is my schedule on my Maxspect Ethereal, I know they are different lights entirely but the bell curve I used is common in the hobby and I also believe it more closely reflects what actually happens with the sun in nature. Keep in mind intensity is dependent on your tank size and the types of corals you are keeping :)

20180217_090841-gif.677335
 
This is my schedule on my Maxspect Ethereal, I know they are different lights entirely but the bell curve I used is common in the hobby and I also believe it more closely reflects what actually happens with the sun in nature. Keep in mind intensity is dependent on your tank size and the types of corals you are keeping :)

20180217_090841-gif.677335

Thank you for the reply appreciate it!
 
I run the Radion AB+ settings. You can find this in the BRS video where they spot light the AI Primes. It gives a great crisp look.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new