AI Prime HD

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

So I am searching for a lighting schedule for an AI Prime HD that is mostly in the blue range, I've look on their site and most of the lighting seems to be your typical white during the day and blue in the morning and night.

Is there anyone on this thread that runs mostly blue LED's during your lighting phase. Other people are at the house while i'm working and i would like them to enjoy the colors of the blue and i want to enjoy it when i get off!

I have a 32G coralife cube.

Star reefer3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

So I am searching for a lighting schedule for an AI Prime HD that is mostly in the blue range, I've look on their site and most of the lighting seems to be your typical white during the day and blue in the morning and night.

Is there anyone on this thread that runs mostly blue LED's during your lighting phase. Other people are at the house while i'm working and i would like them to enjoy the colors of the blue and i want to enjoy it when i get off!

I've got one for you just give me a sec and I'll post it

Star reefer3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've got one for you just give me a sec and I'll post it

Star reefer3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190305_182221.jpg
Screenshot_20190306-105735_myAI.jpg
heres a pic of the schedule and heres what it looks like and if you want even more blue you can reomve some white

Star reefer3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the BRS A+B settings, which are non complicated, blue to my eyes and good for the corals.
Yea I used to use ab plus but i moded it with more blue and less white cause it's not all that blue

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also use a modified ab+ except added a little bit more red and green, actually for my viewing not the corals [emoji23]

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I used to use ab plus but i moded it with more blue and less white cause it's not all that blue

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. Anything much past the BRS settings starts to look artificial to my eyes, like a blueberry pie tone. I was a MH guy for years as well, so some of the LED settings in general just look too blue to me.

I think anything close will give good growth results, and then it just becomes personal taste.

Last edited:

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used AB+ for a few but went back to a modified David Saxby. Basically took out all the red and green and have the whites max at 20 and then bounce between 10 and 15
Love the blue pop and still slightly white during the bright time of the day.
IMG_3034.JPG

Tank at about 8-9 o clock. Another nice thing because the intensity changes the thank always looks different.
IMG_3099.JPG
IMG_3100.JPG

Star reefer3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used AB+ for a few but went back to a modified David Saxby. Basically took out all the red and green and have the whites max at 20 and then bounce between 10 and 15
IMG_3034.JPG

Tank at about 8-9 o clock. Another nice thing because the intensity changes the thank always looks different.
IMG_3099.JPG
IMG_3100.JPG
Your schedule looks awsome

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw I can grow whatever I want with that. I have 2 Ai prime HD’s on a reefer 170 and have mixed reef but about 10 acro/birds nest/digita on the back top and torches, hammers, plate and blasto on the bottom all fluffy and a clam as well. I noticed my GHA almost totally disappeared when I switched two months ago.
IMG_2895.JPG

Happy on the bottom

OP
OP
Nick C

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3034.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG
IMG_3100.JPG
So i'm also using the David Saxby but i haven't changed it at all.

This tank has only been set up for a few days (I'm in the middle of moving and had to be quick getting it all swapped over. Coral has been in for about a week fish for about 3 days) And I came from using Radions, I am completely new to AI Prime and didn't want to play around with it until i got some insite. is there a reason you took out all the red and green? Also did you over drive your blues / UV?

light.PNG

OP
OP
Nick C

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,

Do any of you use the storm Feature? I never used it on my Radions, my LFS had it set up on one of their displays. Idk if i want to use it or not.

Star reefer3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,

Do any of you use the storm Feature? I never used it on my Radions, my LFS had it set up on one of their displays. Idk if i want to use it or not.
Never used dont really get the point and dont really know what it does

OP
OP
Nick C

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used dont really get the point and dont really know what it does
Makes the light flash. Lol. That's why I don't get it! Haha. I literally don't see it having any benefit other than switching things up every now and then.

Star reefer3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes the light flash. Lol. That's why I don't get it! Haha. I literally don't see it having any benefit other than switching things up every now and then.
Huh sounds like it would freak inverts like nems and fish out

mikenestle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you could program storms at like a 20 percent chance but without the lightning effect.

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed Mike it would be nice to have the effect of clouds without the lightning...i would use it then, never even tried the lightning effect...hopefully an update brings that at some point

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt really apply to marine fish...

But in my freshwater system i use in conjunction with a large water change with lower ph and temperature to mimic the start of the rainy or monsoon season to kick off breeding behavior in some fish.

Only time i use the storm function on lights.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back