AIO Filter Chamber Questions

MrRedAmber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we have the same tank...did you plug the little hole on the pump chamber baffle?
I have not, I personally haven't noticed a problem with it.

Maybe to alleviate your concern about it, if you unplug the pump you can see how high the water level rises in the return pump chamber. That is how much water the pump is displacing constantly and is enough flow IMO.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try running your tank without the sponge/floss. Is the flow better? If it is, the problem may be the sponge. It needs to be open cell reticulated foam, no tighter than 40 PPI (pores per inch). If it is a closed cell sponge (the kind you use in the kitchen) then you will have restricted flow. A good way to see if it is open cell is by simply taking it out of the water. Any water left in the sponge should easily drain out leaving a damp sponge.

OP
OP
R

rfisher3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try running your tank without the sponge/floss. Is the flow better? If it is, the problem may be the sponge. It needs to be open cell reticulated foam, no tighter than 40 PPI (pores per inch). If it is a closed cell sponge (the kind you use in the kitchen) then you will have restricted flow. A good way to see if it is open cell is by simply taking it out of the water. Any water left in the sponge should easily drain out leaving a damp sponge.
The sponge is very breathable.

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also recently set up a aio Fluval 13 gallon tank. Water was having no movement for a while. Got confused that the top layer was just sitting around. Realized pump wasn’t working ( empty tank ). After it got turned on the back chamber pretty much leveled down a lot than it was before. I feel like you need a powerful pump in your tank or the pump is faulty. The level of water in your tank and mine are the same when my pump was off.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%

Back