OP
OP
D

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run lines to all my skimmers from outside air compressors. i have a total of 4 compressors that run in tandem and pressurize 1000 gallons of air tanks to 200 psi outside. I run oil free compressors.
inside the air first runs through an air dryer, UV filters, micron filters, then carbon filters, then co2 scrubbers. Then runs through a two regulators. The first reduces the pressure to 30 psi and I have a "clean air" storage tank at that pressure. Then I adjust each skimmer with a regulator to get the exact air exchange I want for the tank.

I also use the same air for my phyto plankton and pod stations and the QT tanks.
This sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Just curious on why you use compressors rather than running a non pressurized line to outside

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Just curious on why you use compressors rather than running a non pressurized line to outside
I have 10 QT tank that use foam filters run by air and 20 phyto grow out containers that I use the air for as well.

I also am working on a compressed air energy storage system that I recover solar power by compressing air during the day, then turning a turbine at night with the compressed air to generate power for my facility. So I have the compressed air available. I also want redundant systems putting oxygenated air in my tanks at all times. This system does it without the requirement for power, even though I am running off grid on solar power.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Oilless Compressor, has a label on it that says, “ Not to be used as Breathing Air.” Also in the manual, it says it can’t be made into breathing air.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back