Air stone or Filter for a Quarantine setup ?

Air stone or Filter

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter of some sort. You can use an air driven sponge filter Cheap easy to clean and reuse. Hob easy to clean and get new media like seeded live rock rubble from your tank. These are the two I use most. you can even pre seed sponge filters in your sump but if you use copper in qt dont reuse them in the sump if not you can bleach them and let air dry and reseed in sump but its safer to just get a new sponge they are usually cheap.

OP
OP
SomeHappyFish

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run both - nothing wrong with the extra aeration and the filter gives a good place for placing media.
Use a sponge filter with the airstone if you can, extra biological filtration + aeration.
Filter of some sort. You can use an air driven sponge filter Cheap easy to clean and reuse. Hob easy to clean and get new media like seeded live rock rubble from your tank. These are the two I use most. you can even pre seed sponge filters in your sump but if you use copper in qt dont reuse them in the sump if not you can bleach them and let air dry and reseed in sump but its safer to just get a new sponge they are usually cheap.
Good, might spend the extra money and get an air stone with extra filter in case of a power outage I could reuse the air pump

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have extra sponge filters in my sump for my fresh water for emergency set ups. I also have extra cycled media too. Just got back into saltwater and have a sump so I'll be doing the same with this also.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back