Air stone or Filter for a Quarantine setup ?

Air stone or Filter


  • Total voters
    4
  • Poll closed .

SomeHappyFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
675
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I should get an air stone... Since water change should and will be made in my future QT Setup...

Pros/Cons to either one ?
 
Filter of some sort. You can use an air driven sponge filter Cheap easy to clean and reuse. Hob easy to clean and get new media like seeded live rock rubble from your tank. These are the two I use most. you can even pre seed sponge filters in your sump but if you use copper in qt dont reuse them in the sump if not you can bleach them and let air dry and reseed in sump but its safer to just get a new sponge they are usually cheap.
 
I run both - nothing wrong with the extra aeration and the filter gives a good place for placing media.
Use a sponge filter with the airstone if you can, extra biological filtration + aeration.
Filter of some sort. You can use an air driven sponge filter Cheap easy to clean and reuse. Hob easy to clean and get new media like seeded live rock rubble from your tank. These are the two I use most. you can even pre seed sponge filters in your sump but if you use copper in qt dont reuse them in the sump if not you can bleach them and let air dry and reseed in sump but its safer to just get a new sponge they are usually cheap.
Good, might spend the extra money and get an air stone with extra filter in case of a power outage I could reuse the air pump
 
I have extra sponge filters in my sump for my fresh water for emergency set ups. I also have extra cycled media too. Just got back into saltwater and have a sump so I'll be doing the same with this also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new