Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! ;)

Where to start ... It's one year with ATI Essentials and almost no water changes.

ReefHacks_001.jpg

During this year I did three small water changes, to siphon the detritus on the bottom of the sump and also to clean the refugium. The system is doing very good, awesome coloration and no issues at all. Well, I got dinos hehehe ...

But I got them so many times already in different systems that I have a strict plan that I'm doing every time and it's removing them in about two weeks. not a big deal anymore. The only one thing that is a small issue in the system - PO4.

Phosphates are around 0.12 and because of this, the growth is pretty slow. I'll be removing the refugium and replacing with an ARID chaeto reactor soon. The refugium is just not working at all, any macro that I'm adding dying in a week. I've tried different lights, flow, light cycle ... nothing is working I have no idea why. Even dosing some support additives for the macro doesn't help. Nutrients levels are around NO3: 3-5 and present, so it's just a mystery for me why it's not working in this setup.

ReefHacks_002.jpg

So at this moment added a small reactor with ROWAPhos and will be removing the refugium today as it's just collecting the detritus, maybe this is the actual issue of the high levels of PO4.

All fishes are doing good, fat and happy. Added a pair of breeding clowns and I see them very happy with the clay pot, now thinking to try to save the hatching babies or not when they are ready hehehe ... I've heard this is a lot of work, not sure I have time and money for it.

So I'm very happy with the ATI Essentials. At this moment dosing 38ml a day of each part. One 10L pack last for about 260 days, which is pretty good.

ReefHacks_003.jpg

I want to test the Giesemann SPECTRA SE 36" on this tank, thinking to sell the NANOBox ATI Hybrid. If someone will be interested, PM I can do a magic price on it, to make someone happy with even some additional bonuses if you'll like it.

Have a nice weekend everyone! ;)

ReefHacks_004.jpg

ReefHacks_005.jpg

ReefHacks_006.jpg

ReefHacks_007.jpg

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched the REEFER 250 to Giesemann Spectra ;Woot from the NANOBox Hybrid. Spectra looks fantastic and the spread of the light is crazy cool. 350-450 PAR all over the tank, no matter if it's on the bottom or of the side, the light is everywhere! I was afraid about the heat its producing, and when it was about 7" over the surface, the temperature was rising +3F (0.5C) every hour, which is pretty critical. But after adding a small fan under the fixture and rising it to 10" the temperature rising only to 1.75F every hour. I'll add one more small fan, adjust the position of the fans, so they move air under the MH bulbs and I'm sure it will not affect the temperature of the tank at all soon. So all the stories about Spectra heating the tank like crazy are exaggerated, it just needs proper installation. Amazing quality light!

REEFER_250_MH_Spectra.jpg

coley650

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I love you're set your set up and it's similar to what I plan to do. I've been out of the hobby for 11yrs so playing catch up on how things have changed! Would you mind explaining the plumbing from your refugium into the sump?

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I love you're set your set up and it's similar to what I plan to do. I've been out of the hobby for 11yrs so playing catch up on how things have changed! Would you mind explaining the plumbing from your refugium into the sump?
Thanks, but the refugium didn't work for me. I have no idea why. trying Kessil Light, then the Cheap LED light. Chaeto was dying all the time. Trying other algae and it was the same. So I'm waiting next week for delivery of the ARID Chaeto Reactor.

What wall brackets are you using to hang the light from?

They are from HOME Depot easy to find there. But if I'd do it again, I'd go with the hanging kit, like I did it with all my next lights. :) Much better look.

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Berlibee I love how you set up your refugium next to the sump. I am in the process of my own RSR250 build and want to do a similar fuge. Could you please share some more pictures on how your fuge is set up? What pump are you using?

Thank you!

nolifer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is this skimmer working out for you. I've looked at this skimmer for my build but have read so many mixed reviews with it. I'm currently using nyos 120 and I hate it buzzing and having to reset it. cheers alan

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back