Alexey's Reefer 250

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ! ;)

Starting a new system today with the RedSea Reefer 250.
I really liked my Shallow 30x30x12 but small things that I wanted to fix and couldn't pushed me to breakdown the tank and start all over and make it exactly how I want this time.

At this moment tank is cycling 7 days and waiting for the new light to arrive in about 2-3 weeks from Dave.

zReefer250_Scape.jpg

Stand: RedSea.
Light: ATI 36" SunPower x4 (6) bulbs + Double NanoBox Retro Kit (thanks to Metrokat and Dave).
Tank: RedSea Reefer 250.
Sump: RedSea Reefer 250 sump with modified external refugium.
Skimmer: Vertex Omega 130.
Controller: Apex.
Doser: Kore 5th. ( 2 parts ).
Main Pump: Two Gyre 230.
ATO: Kore 5th.
Return pump: Syncra Silent 5.0, Refugium pump Syncra Silent 2.0.
Heater: x2 Cobalt Neo-Therm 100W.
Refugium: 12x12x12 - 7.5 GALLON CUBE TANK.
Refugium Light: H380 Halo II.
Additional surface: 1L of Matrix Media in the refugium.
Sand: CaribSea Dry Aragonite Flamingo Reef Sand 15 lb.
Rocks: Marco Rocks.

zReefer250_Tank.jpg

zReefer250_Refugium.jpg

zReefer250_Rocks.jpg

Light added:

NanoBox_1.jpg

Current livestock:

Fish_01_S.jpg
Fish_02_S.jpg

Fish_03_S.jpg
Fish_04_S.jpg

- x1 Yellow coris wrasse.
- x1 Snowflake Clownfish.
- x1 Lyretail Anthias.
- x1 Bartlett's Anthias.
- x2 Peppermint Shrimps.

July view:

Love your rockwork. Tank looks great.

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your liking the ati essentials so far?

Yes, it's really cool. When I switched, it didn't change anything in my routine. I was dosing Alk. Cal. Mg. anyway. I just started to dose 1-2-3 from ATI Essentials and stopped the water changes, and the diamond goby is doing fantastic job to clean the sand. After about 2 months I've decided to syphon the sand bed and it's was absolutely clean.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice new additions!!

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks amazing Berlibee!! What type of media do you have at the bottom of your Refugium under the algae ?

Thanks! :) It's just a small amount of Seachem Matrix, like 1L. I've build a small box from the egg crates and added it to that box I just use it as a pods hotel in the sump. :)

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! :) It's just a small amount of Seachem Matrix, like 1L. I've build a small box from the egg crates and added it to that box I just use it as a pods hotel in the sump. :)

Ok thank you Berlibee , I was thinking it was Seachem Matrix but was not sure. I only asked because I am thinking of adding a fuge to my build and was thinking of doing the same thing .

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you Berlibee , I was thinking it was Seachem Matrix but was not sure. I only asked because I am thinking of adding a fuge to my build and was thinking of doing the same thing .

Nice, just buy the POND version. It's the same, but rocks are larger. And I would recommend you to add it to an open container. When they just lay on the bottom they'll collect a lot of detritus etc. but when in a container it's not so bad, and you can always remove the container, rinse the media and put it back in case it's super dirty. Most of the bacterias living inside the media so rising doesn't kill them at all. Best of luck! :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, just buy the POND version. It's the same, but rocks are larger. And I would recommend you to add it to an open container. When they just lay on the bottom they'll collect a lot of detritus etc. but when in a container it's not so bad, and you can always remove the container, rinse the media and put it back in case it's super dirty. Most of the bacterias living inside the media so rising doesn't kill them at all. Best of luck! :)

Thank you for the advice ! And I’ll look into the pond version for sure Berlibee !

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back