OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI Test Results are here: http://lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/94a230f7f31d28759df9

Everything is ok but PO4 is 1.1 hehehe ( was 0.05 before )
default_laugh.png
Thanks to PolypBooster once a week half dose. Skipped dosing it for a week and in 10 days PO4 is down to 0.5 already.
Iodine from ATI Lab working really great, I'm dosing it once a week 0.6ml for 55g NET water volume, very nice product and almost impossible to overdose in this form.

Also I decided to try another light for the refugium and got a cheap Chinese LED panel on Amazon for $25: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVQ96KY/
Kessil H380 was still burning out my plants in the refugium even after I moved it higher and even put it on the edge of the refugium to move the hot spot, we will see how this new light will work ... First two days didn't show any difference in pH swings comparing to Kessil.
default_laugh.png

All SPS are very happy, showing more and more colors and growing! Another example that PO4 is not something to be scared off I think ...

And some pictures because tank is 6 MONTHS today!

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are the anthias doing. I have a 250 and would like them but not sure if they would be happy. love your tank

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome acros bro!

Thanks, still frags but it's nice to watch them grow. ;)

how are the anthias doing. I have a 250 and would like them but not sure if they would be happy. love your tank

Thank you, doing good! I have two of them and they're very happy together, I really love anthias ! ;Woot

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous healthy frags and great pics. :)
(I had phos at .5 2 weeks ago, I also have stopped just putting a small squirt in every now and again! Acros are fine! ;) )

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous healthy frags and great pics. :)
(I had phos at .5 2 weeks ago, I also have stopped just putting a small squirt in every now and again! Acros are fine! ;) )

Thanks, it's really interesting to watch them grow, develop colors ... wondering how the large colonies will looks like. ;Snaphappy

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stumbled on this thread. Nice pictures and setup! I'm looking forward to seeing your tank grow up.

Thank you, I've just found a little aiptasia on the rock and started to look around and it was only one ...
Then this morning checked the sump and found 10+ of them there hidden under the skimmer hehehe ...

giphy.gif

drkcurrent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build so far! How is the fuge working out for you? I'm looking at doing a similar custom huge in my 250

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build so far! How is the fuge working out for you? I'm looking at doing a similar custom huge in my 250

Thanks! it's working good but Kessil is was too powerful. I'm trying a cheap light now for a few months to see the difference but I think I'll add a small GFO reactor MiniMax to help refugium with PO4. ;)

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build so far. Nice color and growth u are getting there

Thanks! Can you believe ... my Alkalinity is around 9.0 for like 6 weeks or so and not changing. But corals are growing etc ... Have no idea what is happening. Tested with different test kits and sent a sample to ATI Lab to be sure, everything is right.
But Alk. not dropping. No water changes, no dosing ... magic. ;Woot

drkcurrent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! it's working good but Kessil is was too powerful. I'm trying a cheap light now for a few months to see the difference but I think I'll add a small GFO reactor MiniMax to help refugium with PO4. ;)

what size pump are you using to feed it? I was thinking the mj1200 and feed a carbon reactor and have it flow into the fuge after

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size pump are you using to feed it? I was thinking the mj1200 and feed a carbon reactor and have it flow into the fuge after

I'll install the small one: https://www.marinedepot.com/Innovat...rs-Innovative_Marine-0I10410-FIFRISPR-vi.html
With GFO on the bottom, then a sponge, 20 gr. carbon, sponge again to block carbon in place. Like this GFO will trumble and carbon will stay in place. For 55g NET water volume I really need a very small amount of GFO monthly like 50 ml. or so. It's just to help the refugium a little and keep it in balance with microalgae to not to starve it also. ;Happy

Nice build man, Definitely following along!

Thanks! I hope I'll have more info to share soon. ;)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back