Alexey's Reefer 250

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it, what salt are you using? Are you doing water changes, if so how much per week? Or are you letting your test results dictate when water changes are needed with the dosing?

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it, what salt are you using? Are you doing water changes, if so how much per week? Or are you letting your test results dictate when water changes are needed with the dosing?

I'm using Tropic Marine PRO this is a super cool salt in my opinion. But I'm sure I'll be happy with the Red Sea Blue Bucket as well. I'm doing weekly water changes around 13% of the NET water volume, it's 7.5g, I think this is essential to follow constant, weekly water changes of 10-15%.
;)

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! Awesome video, jealous that this is a local store for you!

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!! Awesome video, jealous that this is a local store for you!

Thanks man, you should see their prices !

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light Update: Finally found a PAR Meter from a local reefer and after checking the numbers I was very surprised ! It was so low ... around 175-200 PAR only. The light was about 12" over the water surface, x4 ATI Bulbs and 6 NanoBox arrays were at 40%. Now the light is at 7" over the water surface and LED are at 80% power, which provide a good 300-350 in the middle of the tank and around 400-450 on the top layers of the water, with a very even distribution on the bottom. Now I'm happy! ;Woot

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is crazy! What a difference half the distance to the tank makes!

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is crazy! What a difference half the distance to the tank makes!

I was also impressed. I never had experience with a tank like this before, with shallow 12" high tank was much easier 12" over the water and you're good to go hehehe ... but here yes, I'm glad I got a PAR Meter to check.

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More info on the PAR readings. ;) These are the readings at the main max light period during the day. I'm not using the white channel in the LEDs. I run x2 Blue+, x1 Purple+, x1 Coral+ bulbs. LEDs settings are 80% all channels, 0% white channel. 4 Bulbs, 6 arrays. 12 hours total, 2h rump up and 2h down at the end of the day. Sure all the readings are like +- 50 PAR but it's more than enough to get the idea about your light, measured with flow ON, fixture 6.5" over the water surface:

NanoBox_PAR.jpg

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update: System looks good and maturing. I really like the looks of the rocks now, very cool colors and textures with a few algae on it. Water params are stable. I don't see colors changes yet after adjusting the light's intensity with a PAR Meter, but some corals started to shift colors it's just not so visible now. But only 2 weeks passed, I hope to see it clearly in the next two weeks. Also got this cool nem and a few fishes will update the livestock list later. Cheers! ;Snaphappy

Nem001.jpg

Nem002.jpg

Rocks_001.jpg

Rocks_002.jpg

Rocks_003.jpg

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking fantastic!

The video came out btw. I stopped by and saw their new light setup and it looks great. Takes me back to my Radium days. I'm starting my new build soon as well. I can't wait. I may need to get ahold of a par meter as well.

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great!! How is the refugium doing?

Thanks! Refugium doing good, I don't have much algae in the refugium. Some chaeto in a egg crate sandwith and two different Gracilaria all nutrients are under control so looks like it's doing fine. ;Woot

The tank is looking fantastic!

The video came out btw. I stopped by and saw their new light setup and it looks great. Takes me back to my Radium days. I'm starting my new build soon as well. I can't wait. I may need to get ahold of a par meter as well.

Thank you, yes some of their sps started to gain colors as well with the new light. ;Happy

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice nem! What other fish/shrimp are you planning next?

Thanks, I need to update my livestock list with pictures. The tank is full already, not sure I'll add more fishes. I'll just add a couple of Fire Shrimps one day and maybe some other inverts.

Livestock:
x5 Chromises
x1 Snowflake Clownfish
x1 Diamond Watchman Goby
x1 Yellow / Coris Wrasse
x1 Bartlett's Anthias
x1 Lyretail Anthias
x1 Scopas Tang
x1 Lubbock's wrasse

x4 Peppermint shrimps in the refugium. ;)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good pics! That nem is sweet!

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update: System looks good and maturing. I really like the looks of the rocks now, very cool colors and textures with a few algae on it. Water params are stable. I don't see colors changes yet after adjusting the light's intensity with a PAR Meter, but some corals started to shift colors it's just not so visible now. But only 2 weeks passed, I hope to see it clearly in the next two weeks. Also got this cool nem and a few fishes will update the livestock list later. Cheers! ;Snaphappy

Nem001.jpg

Nem002.jpg

Rocks_001.jpg

Rocks_002.jpg

Rocks_003.jpg

What camera / lenses do you use to take these macro shots?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back