Algae ID on the back wall?

Vtudor21

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some new algae(?) growing on the back wall of the tank. It's pretty hard to get a sample of it, as it feels like a crust, so I tried to scrape some and look under a microscope. Here are some pictures, please let me know if you have any clue on what it could be.

I'm hoping it's some type of coralline but I'm the opposite of an expert(to read: clueless beginner)

PXL_20230327_234822353.jpg PXL_20230327_234835599.jpg PXL_20230327_234949824.jpg PXL_20230327_235039300.jpg
 
A picture of it in the tank. It's the best I could do, given there's not a lot of it in there.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230327_235212204.jpg
    PXL_20230327_235212204.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new