Algae ID

Phantom6966

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody tell me what type of algae this is? I'm pretty sure it's some sort of cyano/spirulina. But I would just like some second opinions, and how best to deal with it. It's starting to grow around my coral frags and would like to get rid of it before it does any damage. It also was growing all over the rocks with little bubbles in it, but I blew them off. Whatever it is, it blows off the rockwork very easily.
20171121_142204.jpg
20171121_142220.jpg
 
I can already see new bubbles forming on the rocks.
20171121_142819.jpg
 
Have same bubbles but no sign of cyano yet.
 
Looks like cyano, chemiclean will take care of it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new