fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that is not mine ,belongs to thee "QUEEN" of the show here in my opinion,i believe you would be welcomed w open arms,just jump in and become one;)

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer smaller rock pieces. It’s easier to create hiding spots and such for fish. If you are so inclined, You can break up a larger rock with a hammer and chisel or screw driver. Be warned the chisel or screw driver will have a ruined tip after that. I did this and put rocks in an old pillow case so pieces didn’t fly everywhere. I have one large rock in my tank because it’s a really nice piece of old Pukani, the rest were broken down to smaller rocks.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there a glue that work under water? Or just coral putty?
believe just putty,in 30 years never glued rocks together,always up for change just wiggle for stability jmo:)

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate superglue... i get more on my hands than what I’m trying to bond. I didn’t use any glue or putty in my rockscape but I used “bond” by seachem. It’s a polymer that melts at hot water temps and hardens as it cools (in your tank)

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
believe just putty,in 30 years never glued rocks together,always up for change just wiggle for stability jmo:)

At the aquarium we never puttied anything. Just the wiggle test. One finger push at all angles to ensure stability worked like a charm.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the scape, I'd only be concerned about detritus being hard to clean against the rock wall.

Thanks! I Have minor concerns about it. I have a buttload of CUC in my tank. So much so that I use tap water in my ATO (dechlored of course) and in the last two days i have had zero diatoms accumulating on the sand bed! Now if they could just get to the algae on the rocks..... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also, I was browsing at home security systems at Sams Club yesterday.... And I came across a backup batter power supply for $99 for 4.5 hours of charge.

Should I add that in my list of things to buy sooner than later, or do you think i can wait until september-ish ('nader season)

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4.5 hours at what amperage? What is your current draw and what are the watt-hours total on the battery? lots of math in correctly sizing a battery for the run-times you need.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4.5 hours at what amperage? What is your current draw and what are the watt-hours total on the battery? lots of math in correctly sizing a battery for the run-times you need.

Apparently I was wrong about the price....

my system is on a low pull right now. everything is on one power strip, IDK the exact pull but the strip is this one with every plug in use:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi 2 things OKC 'nader season" is about now i believe,could be wrong,b back up only need a few things running in outage,phead in tank pointed at surface,p head in sump for movement,ok 1 more no tap water,go to walmart etc,distilled by the gallon until rodi

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nope both 8 min ago..lol

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi 2 things OKC 'nader season" is about now i believe,could be wrong,b back up only need a few things running in outage,phead in tank pointed at surface,p head in sump for movement,ok 1 more no tap water,go to walmart etc,distilled by the gallon until rodi

We already had our spring nader season in April. Very likely chance it will be a longer one this year since there has been a ton of rain and it hasnt drastically jumped to 98 deg like it normally does around this time.
But when it starts to cool down in the fall we have a second one too.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1590713117566.png

Just opened the spreadsheet and actually glanced over it for real for the first time.
I cant believe it hasnt even been two full months since I started. Logging onto R2R daily, reading while watching netflix, and procrastinating down R2R rabbit holes instead of working on m research..... it seems as if ive been on here much longer.
But i has not.
Hoping the roughly $1000/mo slows down drastically from here on out. Now that things are slowly starting to open back up, I would like to go eat out with friends occasionally too ;Greedy

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s worth it ;-)

But yes considering you won’t be purchasing a new tank and new fish/livestock every two months, the cost should slow down drastically.

Oh i completely agree that it is worth it! I just find it funny I had the idea that my stimulus check would cover all my necessary parts and then some.
Boy, I was wrong.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back