ALKATRONIC NOT WORKING

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone , hope someone here can help me since Focustronic does not seem to like to reply or help they’re high paying customers.

Anyways I purchased a Alkatronic brand new sealed in the box.

I then read that you should update the Alkatronic to the new software ,5.2.5 ( mine was the older software) so I looked at the instructions to do the update and I begun , stupid me I didn’t read the very finer print that says make sure you’re Alkatronic says ONLINE INSTEAD OF OFFLINE BEFORE YOU BEGIN. Anyways I begun the update(offline)

So the first part of the update went tru successfully so now my Alkatronic is version 5.2.5 (gen 2)

Here’s where my problems started THE SECOND PART OF THE UPDATE states make sure the unit was online connected to internet or it wouldn’t work , ( I didn’t do that ) so now that part of the update is stuck and all my Alkatronic is displaying is , please wait…. For the past day or so and I cannot even log into the app anymore and it does not work just FROZEN.

Can someone please help me I don’t want to return my item but focustronic is really really disappointing , like they don’t care about their customers ….

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure there servers are down at the min for app, sounds like it could be your sad card
i would flash I new one and create the SN file for it

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is to update it to the 5.2.5? Because I already did that , the problem is the second part ( I didn’t properly follow instructions and didn’t connect to the internet to make it show as “online” on the Alkatronic app)

The circled part is where I’m stuck and can’t go further because I cannot go back and make myself online it’s stuck not working in offline mode

Attachments

• IMG_3790.jpeg
    IMG_3790.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 64

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes just do a new sd card , dont forget the S/N file for the card as well.
damaged Sd cards are common with theese

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes just do a new sd card , dont forget the S/N file for the card as well.
damaged Sd cards are common with theese
Hey man I’m sorry if this may sound stupid as I don’t know about this stuff , by saying new sd card u mean I need to go buy a new one or like new as in like a new file

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try rebuilding your own card before dashing out and buying one

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone , hope someone here can help me since Focustronic does not seem to like to reply or help they’re high paying customers.

Anyways I purchased a Alkatronic brand new sealed in the box.

I then read that you should update the Alkatronic to the new software ,5.2.5 ( mine was the older software) so I looked at the instructions to do the update and I begun , stupid me I didn’t read the very finer print that says make sure you’re Alkatronic says ONLINE INSTEAD OF OFFLINE BEFORE YOU BEGIN. Anyways I begun the update(offline)

So the first part of the update went tru successfully so now my Alkatronic is version 5.2.5 (gen 2)

Here’s where my problems started THE SECOND PART OF THE UPDATE states make sure the unit was online connected to internet or it wouldn’t work , ( I didn’t do that ) so now that part of the update is stuck and all my Alkatronic is displaying is , please wait…. For the past day or so and I cannot even log into the app anymore and it does not work just FROZEN.

Can someone please help me I don’t want to return my item but focustronic is really really disappointing , like they don’t care about their customers ….
it is very annoying, I've wrote them countless emails I'd save your time I wasted enough of mine for a few people trying to contact them via email!

if you can I would just return it and try it again with a new one lol, some people say you can contact them with Facebook if your into that kind of thing....

if not, have you downloaded the focustronic app? that might help you it's different than the alkatronic app it has a blue focustronic emblem compared to the orange alkatronic one. also I'm not 100% sure but if you take apart the unit there might be a reset button on the motherboard inside or something......good luck!!!

anyway their customer service sux, agreed!

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
??this one??

Screenshot_20230829_233140_Google Play Store.jpg
Bro I have all that , no one is contacting me I did fb messenger too since Friday , the dude contacted me I give serial number he showed me some steps and it’s still not working and they are not replying anymore it’s starting to tick me off

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro I have all that , no one is contacting me I did fb messenger too since Friday , the dude contacted me I give serial number he showed me some steps and it’s still not working and they are not replying anymore it’s starting to tick me off
yeah not cool...

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried restarting router and seeing if the unit is connecting to your Wi-Fi?

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use only the Alkatronic app not the all in one make sure that’s closed

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The SD card is the only local storage. So if that part is messed up, just a matter of new SD card (requires both firmware and sn files… sn is specific to each machine)

Next problem would be if the machine is not connected to WiFi. Check the devices on your router. Do you see it? It is 2.4 GHz only.

Last should not be issue if it is a new machine, but if the machine is already connected to someone else’s account, it will not connect to your account. In that case you have to contact customer service and they will unlink it from the previous owner.

Note that it is odd that you had to do any updates if it is new as the latest updates were a long time ago.

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SD card is the only local storage. So if that part is messed up, just a matter of new SD card (requires both firmware and sn files… sn is specific to each machine)

Next problem would be if the machine is not connected to WiFi. Check the devices on your router. Do you see it? It is 2.4 GHz only.

Last should not be issue if it is a new machine, but if the machine is already connected to someone else’s account, it will not connect to your account. In that case you have to contact customer service and they will unlink it from the previous owner.

Note that it is odd that you had to do any updates if it is new as the latest updates were a long time ago.
Here’s what I noticed , everything i move the “sd” file and “tar” file that they sent me to add to the folder , it somehow removed from the sd card it will stay then when I put the sd card in the Alkatronic and take it out put it back in my pc , then check the sd drive folder , the two files they sent are not there anymore

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back