OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically without the flash card, this thing is completely dumb. All of the software this thing runs on that tells it what to do is resident on the SD card. And all it knows is specific locations hard coded into the unit to look for the software on the SD card. So if the software is not in the place it's looking for on the card (the root directory I assume) it will sit there in a loop and just say "duhhhh" forever because it's looking for something to load and isn't finding it which is what yours is doing now.

I dont think you permanently gooched anything. I think it's just not seeing the software in the location it needs to.

Did you get anywhere?
No I didn’t :( I seriously don’t think I’m doing anything wrong , they still have not reached me back from support I give up I did everything you all were saying and it doesn’t work I can’t believe you guys are a bigger help than the actual company thank you but I dont think this this is good anymore well not for me

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I didn’t :( I seriously don’t think I’m doing anything wrong , they still have not reached me back from support I give up I did everything you all were saying and it doesn’t work I can’t believe you guys are a bigger help than the actual company thank you but I dont think this this is good anymore well not for me
That's no fun.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give this a try you will need the usb cable that came with the Alkatronic

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone , hope someone here can help me since Focustronic does not seem to like to reply or help they’re high paying customers.

Anyways I purchased a Alkatronic brand new sealed in the box.

I then read that you should update the Alkatronic to the new software ,5.2.5 ( mine was the older software) so I looked at the instructions to do the update and I begun , stupid me I didn’t read the very finer print that says make sure you’re Alkatronic says ONLINE INSTEAD OF OFFLINE BEFORE YOU BEGIN. Anyways I begun the update(offline)

So the first part of the update went tru successfully so now my Alkatronic is version 5.2.5 (gen 2)

Here’s where my problems started THE SECOND PART OF THE UPDATE states make sure the unit was online connected to internet or it wouldn’t work , ( I didn’t do that ) so now that part of the update is stuck and all my Alkatronic is displaying is , please wait…. For the past day or so and I cannot even log into the app anymore and it does not work just FROZEN.

Can someone please help me I don’t want to return my item but focustronic is really really disappointing , like they don’t care about their customers ….
Buy another Alkatronic!

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give this a try you will need the usb cable that came with the Alkatronic

Remember I cannot do it because in the instruction it says to make sure it’s connected online but mine is not even connecting to the internet

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, I definitely would.
Yes and let Brs deal with them , I sent focustronic long email explaining how upsetting they’re support is the other day and still nothing lol , thought that would kinda push them to help me but they don’t seem to give a crap about me

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and let Brs deal with them , I sent focustronic long email explaining how upsetting they’re support is the other day and still nothing lol , thought that would kinda push them to help me but they don’t seem to give a crap about me

I would return it. I mean, in a nutshell it is supposed to be testing the tank's alkalinity and all it's doing is testing the Patience Per Minute of its owner. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last year, I flipped out and smacked a weed eater to pieces on the curb...now the guy across the street thinks I'm nuts.
I'm just going to manually test my alk for a bit, hang back and see what develops.

I think this thing has good potential, but I also think I should be able to just take this bad boy out of the box, plumb it up, calibrate and run. No?

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would return it. I mean, in a nutshell it is supposed to be testing the tank's alkalinity and all it's doing is testing the Patience Per Minute of its owner. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last year, I flipped out and smacked a weed eater to pieces on the curb...now the guy across the street thinks I'm nuts.
I'm just going to manually test my alk for a bit, hang back and see what develops.

I think this thing has good potential, but I also think I should be able to just take this bad boy out of the box, plumb it up, calibrate and run. No?
Dude it was working and was amazing it’s just sucks this ended up happening it worked for like 3 days

Dr4gula.f32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I just got a non-working Alkatronic for free. I got it to power on, but I'm stuck at please wait. There was a spare SD card in the unit, but it does not have the serial number file. Can anyone give me a copy of their file so I can try to create my own? I emailed focustronic but I have zero patience. Thanks!

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I just got a non-working Alkatronic for free. I got it to power on, but I'm stuck at please wait. There was a spare SD card in the unit, but it does not have the serial number file. Can anyone give me a copy of their file so I can try to create my own? I emailed focustronic but I have zero patience. Thanks!
Contact support in messages on facebook

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back