All Live Everything, Tank Reboot

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Just caught up on your thread. Your tank looks amazing. Glad the live rock and reboot is working out. Can’t wait to see what your stocking list will be and adding fish and corals. Good job.

OP
OP
Apollo7235

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Just caught up on your thread. Your tank looks amazing. Glad the live rock and reboot is working out. Can’t wait to see what your stocking list will be and adding fish and corals. Good job.
Thank you!! I’m so happy too. I will continue to keep this thread updated!

OP
OP
Apollo7235

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again! I believe you once said that you would be introducing Garf Grunge to your system, but I have not heard anything about this ever since. Did you decide against it, or am I missing something?
Hi there! I am so sorry for the late response. We are gearing up for our move, our daughter’s first birthday, and Halloween all at once, so things have been hectic!

Yes, I was originally planning to go that route, but that was before I decided to go 100% live rock and live sand. I figured that it would really be a waste of money for me to buy the grunge since I was already getting a ton of biodiversity and critters straight from the ocean rather than from a mature tank.

I did, however, speak with the folks over at Garf and they are phenomenal to work with. Highly recommend, just based on their service!

OP
OP
Apollo7235

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there all!

I hope you are all well!

Things have really been crazy here since our move to Georgia, especially with the career changes and our 15 month-old! I think things are finally settling down a little bit (probably not, but I’m rolling with it), so here I am!

I don’t think I updated on how we made the tank move, so here is what I did. Probably not the best way to do it, but I did the best I could, had no noticeable casualties, and everybody is currently thriving, so here goes nothing:

The night before our 8.5 hour drive, I moved everybody into separate 5-gallon buckets as I thought necessary. It looked something like the bullseye pistol shrimp in his own, neon goby in his own with snails and any of the bristle stars I could catch, decorator crab in his own, 2 hermits per two more buckets, and the live rock with corals by itself, and the remaining live rock in the remaining buckets. The live sand stayed in the tank, with the least amount of water possible, and we moved that into the truck on a piece of 3/4” thick plywood. I couldn’t catch/find the tiger pistol, so he ended up riding in the tank somewhere in the sand. I suppose it is worth noting that I kept as much of the tank water as possible. I ended up with (8) 5-gallon buckets total, and I think I really only had to add about 10 gallons of new water to the system when we arrived in Georgia.

The buckets stayed in the house uncovered overnight (Florida is usually very warm so no need for heaters in the house), while the tank stayed in the UHaul overnight. We hauled everything straight through and got the tank set up right away.

As I already mentioned, everybody made it that I know of, even the very evasive Tiger pistol.

Here is a current tank shot, never mind the ridiculously humongous aiptasia!

B6960D79-32AD-4F16-B3BF-9F6C56BEC1C3.jpeg

I am going to end this post here and begin a new one for more recent updates. Thanks for reading!

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there all!

I hope you are all well!

Things have really been crazy here since our move to Georgia, especially with the career changes and our 15 month-old! I think things are finally settling down a little bit (probably not, but I’m rolling with it), so here I am!

I don’t think I updated on how we made the tank move, so here is what I did. Probably not the best way to do it, but I did the best I could, had no noticeable casualties, and everybody is currently thriving, so here goes nothing:

The night before our 8.5 hour drive, I moved everybody into separate 5-gallon buckets as I thought necessary. It looked something like the bullseye pistol shrimp in his own, neon goby in his own with snails and any of the bristle stars I could catch, decorator crab in his own, 2 hermits per two more buckets, and the live rock with corals by itself, and the remaining live rock in the remaining buckets. The live sand stayed in the tank, with the least amount of water possible, and we moved that into the truck on a piece of 3/4” thick plywood. I couldn’t catch/find the tiger pistol, so he ended up riding in the tank somewhere in the sand. I suppose it is worth noting that I kept as much of the tank water as possible. I ended up with (8) 5-gallon buckets total, and I think I really only had to add about 10 gallons of new water to the system when we arrived in Georgia.

The buckets stayed in the house uncovered overnight (Florida is usually very warm so no need for heaters in the house), while the tank stayed in the UHaul overnight. We hauled everything straight through and got the tank set up right away.

As I already mentioned, everybody made it that I know of, even the very evasive Tiger pistol.

Here is a current tank shot, never mind the ridiculously humongous aiptasia!

B6960D79-32AD-4F16-B3BF-9F6C56BEC1C3.jpeg

I am going to end this post here and begin a new one for more recent updates. Thanks for reading!
Was just thinking about you a couple of days ago. Glad the move went well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back