All these anemones walking into powerheads... Carelessness or inevitable?

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
All this power head talk makes me want to take the power head out of this tank
1b404fc8916c56c465660c20456ed2dc.jpg

Fattytuna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy the baskets at Home Depot in the garden garden section

OP
OP
Doob

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple and dark purple/ gray are new and other 3 about a month it's my Harddoni tank

Nem's not looking so hot anymore. He's only moved a short distance since I got him. Doesn't open fully anymore nor bubble up like he did. Still seems to have an appetite though. He's now attached to the back of the tank, stretching up towards the light.

8feaff4d27cdd01e79e0aba6ebd3f9d6.jpg

I feel like he needs to be closer to the top. To want to injure him taking him off of the wall though. I put a small rock right next to him, hoping he would move onto the Rock and I could move the rock up, no luck though.

Any suggestions?

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Nem's not looking so hot anymore. He's only moved a short distance since I got him. Doesn't open fully anymore nor bubble up like he did. Still seems to have an appetite though. He's now attached to the back of the tank, stretching up towards the light.

8feaff4d27cdd01e79e0aba6ebd3f9d6.jpg

I feel like he needs to be closer to the top. To want to injure him taking him off of the wall though. I put a small rock right next to him, hoping he would move onto the Rock and I could move the rock up, no luck though.

Any suggestions?
Try not to take him off your wall try a nice water change and give him better flow where he is :)

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Just did a 5 gallon. Flow is an MP10 and 2 spin streams from the return though. Not really any room for adjustment.
Yeah I hear you just keep your Params steady and if he's not getting enough light hell adjust himself accordingly I've never seen a Nem kill itself by hiding from the light until it died

OP
OP
Doob

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I hear you just keep your Params steady and if he's not getting enough light hell adjust himself accordingly I've never seen a Nem kill itself by hiding from the light until it died

Roger. What do you think of the looks of him? I'll take a couple more pics in a minute here.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back