All these anemones walking into powerheads... Carelessness or inevitable?

OP
OP
Doob

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he's closed up tight for the night (does this every night as soon as the lights enter the lunar phase).

I'll get some more tomorrow.

The white hanging out is a sponge. I scrubbed a couple from the filter area tonight before the water change and he caught some.

9576897c0fe7b2fdd4d85fd15b73394f.jpg

OP
OP
Doob

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes, of course.

Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: <5
Cal: 385
Alk: 8.3
Phosphate: no test

The GHA exploded a couple months back while using a faulty Elos nitrate test kit. The problem has been fixed, and it's slowly receding.

I don't want to take my rocks out and scrub them, I don't mind letting it recede on its own as long as it continues to do so.

My CUC is mostly snails, which are pretty ineffective on it. I have a few blue legs and an emerald crab, and am hesitant to get more since they're opportunistic eaters. I don't have a sump to put them in after the GHA is gone.

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Params aren't bad I keep my alk at 11 in all my Nem tanks and sps tanks if he is firmly attached and can still catch stuff in his tentacles I wouldn't worry too much :) it's when they won't attach and don't have sticky tents that's when I would worry and break out the cipro

OP
OP
Doob

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Params aren't bad I keep my alk at 11 in all my Nem tanks and sps tanks if he is firmly attached and can still catch stuff in his tentacles I wouldn't worry too much :) it's when they won't attach and don't have sticky tents that's when I would worry and break out the cipro

I used to keep it close to 10. When I got the new nitrate test and dropped them down to 0, my acro suffered an ALK burn. I've been keeping it on the low side since. Once I get them back and steady around 5ppm, maybe I'll raise it back up a little.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 105 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.2%
Back