Allons-y!!

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re some of the best clean up crew members you could ask for though. Especially in the sand bed.
Bro still, not only would I have a heart attack, I think my family would throw me in the tank before throwing the tank out of the house.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro still, not only would I have a heart attack, I think my family would throw me in the tank before throwing the tank out of the house.
As much as I love polycheates in general even I see the need to limit them. I just got a yellow coris wrasse. Only the adults will survive in the DT. My sump has them though so there will always be some baby worms for him to chow down on. They eat pods like no tomorrow as well. Mine even ate some of the smaller morsels of frozen food. If you run out of worms the wrasse won’t starve. Just an idea.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a rough week...
I'll try to post a tank update this weekend.
Ok, so it's been a rough month.

Not a lot to update on the new display, still have some diatoms on the sand but nothing major. I need to rearrange some of the rock and glue down all the coral, but things seem pretty happy.

Tested my lights with an Apogee and increased the intensity of the Photon since PAR was a lot lower than I expected. My old display (24" tall) had 2 Hydra 26HDs and max PAR (where coral was) was under 200. With so much more surface area on this tank, but shallower, plus a 48" light fixture, I'm trying to make sure I get enough light at the end of the tank without too much in the middle.

But it wouldn't be any fun if all the work was already done! Lol.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold the 90 gallon and got my living room floor completed once that was gone (yay!)

I will say though, if you're moving things from one tank to another, having carpet down that you know will be ripped out soon is awesome! I developed all kinds of bad habits, lol.

(I had hardwood put down where the new tank was going prior to delivery and then had the remainder of the room finished after the 90 was out...)

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the coral in my "extra" tanks is gone and I'm cleaning out my 60 gallon freshwater today... This was my "temporary" coral tank that I set up over 2 years ago :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news, 4 weeks ago I adopted a 15 year old cat, Milo, that was surrendered to a shelter when his owner went into a nursing home. He was doing terrible in the shelter and really needed a home. I used to work there and one of my friends asked if I could foster, but I outright adopted instead (I'm a sucker for orange tabbies :) )

It took him a little while to fully adjust to my home but now he and Max (10 yrs old) are best friends and he's such a love bug!

PXL_20230325_224449474~2.jpg

PXL_20230401_171801835.jpg

PXL_20230402_202830301.jpg

PXL_20230419_173433469.jpg

PXL_20230421_193402442.jpg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news, 4 weeks ago I adopted a 15 year old cat, Milo, that was surrendered to a shelter when his owner went into a nursing home. He was doing terrible in the shelter and really needed a home. I used to work there and one of my friends asked if I could foster, but I outright adopted instead (I'm a sucker for orange tabbies :) )

It took him a little while to fully adjust to my home but now he and Max (10 yrs old) are best friends and he's such a love bug!

PXL_20230325_224449474~2.jpg

PXL_20230401_171801835.jpg

PXL_20230402_202830301.jpg

PXL_20230419_173433469.jpg

PXL_20230421_193402442.jpg
That's a great thing! Getting older animals forever homes can be difficult! Yay!

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great thing! Getting older animals forever homes can be difficult! Yay!
Yep. Kittens are cute but seniors that end up in a cage break my heart.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Kittens are cute but seniors that end up in a cage break my heart.
I’ve always loved the idea of getting a senior dog. The only thing that has compelled me to not do that, is it would break me if I rescue one and he ends up passing a year or two. I don’t think I’d have a strong enough heart, but I’d be so happy knowing I tried giving him or her the best time of the rest of their life. Next dog we get, even if it’s not a senior, I definitely want a rescue.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot new to report on the reef. Got a gorgeous plate from my LFS, pics don't do it justice though. Eats like a pig!!

PXL_20230401_233748436.MP~3.jpg

Still tweaking the rockscape and finally gluing some corals down. I'll be adding a second gyre soon to try to get more random flow. It's harder to work with pumps in a shallower tank -- go figure, lol!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot new to report on the reef. Got a gorgeous plate from my LFS, pics don't do it justice though. Eats like a pig!!

Still tweaking the rockscape and finally gluing some corals down. I'll be adding a second gyre soon to try to get more random flow. It's harder to work with pumps in a shallower tank -- go figure, lol!

Nice to see you back! :)

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see you back! :)
Oh, I'm here, just lurking and posting on other threads, lol! Not a lot exciting with my tank now that everything is transferred and relatively stable. Upgrades are less exciting than new builds ;)

Last edited:

Fungusamongus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Beautiful plate. You must have great LFS. I havent seen any decent plates here in WA yet.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago my female mandarin managed to jump out of the tank and I found her mummified remains on the floor. Really not sure how it got out since the lids were on (but they're egg crate), and very surprised I found it at all since I have 3 cats, lol.

I had been keeping an eye out for an appropriately sized male to add for her; so I took the opportunity and bought a bonded pair from Seahorse Savvy this week. Got them Thursday and they have settled in nicely, exploring and picking at the rocks the last 2 days. I will post a picture if I can get a good one... They spend a lot of time between the rocks.

Hopefully soon they'll dance for me :)

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago my female mandarin managed to jump out of the tank and I found her mummified remains on the floor. Really not sure how it got out since the lids were on (but they're egg crate), and very surprised I found it at all since I have 3 cats, lol.

I had been keeping an eye out for an appropriately sized male to add for her; so I took the opportunity and bought a bonded pair from Seahorse Savvy this week. Got them Thursday and they have settled in nicely, exploring and picking at the rocks the last 2 days. I will post a picture if I can get a good one... They spend a lot of time between the rocks.

Hopefully soon they'll dance for me :)
I hope they do too. You’ll have to snap a picture or two of them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back