Ammonia burn in QT

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are producing your own evidence - stop skimming posts - and start paying attention, If you haven't analyzed the answer - don't answer - perhaps. Not meant to be insulting - you and Taricha seem to have an agenda - disprove every reef method - go for it - but go for it with evidence - not silliness
If you don’t understand what I post, please ask a clarifying question. I will be happy to explain.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping for Dan's perspective because he's ran cycling tests I thought were controlled and sensible and charted, they were impressive.

I wanted reasonable insights here since we lack digital tracking ability. not anyone posting can be sure of the final outcome because we don't have the measurement kits that read in the tight range increments of toxicity/no toxicity, that requires digital measurement. among people who could opine on the presence of ammonia here based on sum total findings, Dan and T would be who I'd select.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish not shipped " The reef shop I bought it from said they had it for 2 months. The difference in the way it acts after moving it in clean water is extreme."
The fish was shipped for 5-6 hours. Which is why I asked - was it in too small a bag, etc etc etc. Its not like it was a 20 minute drive from the LFS to the owners home

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The fire was shipped for 5-6 hours. Which is why I asked - was it in too small a bag, etc etc etc. Its not like it was a 20 minute drive from the LFS to the owners home
Yeah- I corrected myself as I was under the impression local purchse and OP clarified his statement which was from the shipper

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you don’t understand what I post, please ask a clarifying question. I will be happy to explain.
There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding between the OP and the rest of us. 1. Read the title of the Thread. 2.. Read the first sentence: "in QT while I was asleep." Then tests are posted - to my interpretation showing no ammonia. IDK

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back