An Ode to Cooling Fans

Formulator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
2,759
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the realm where corals sway with grace,
A cooling fan holds a humble space.
Amidst whispers of waves and sunlit gleam,
It regulates temperatures with an affordable dream.

Far from the costly chiller’s grip,
This fan keeps budgets from taking a dip.
Yet, unjustly, it’s earned a wary glance,
For its simple design and modest stance.

But beneath the surface, its value shines bright,
Keeping reef temperatures just right.
So here’s to the fan, misunderstood and underpriced,
In the aquarium’s heart, its worth realized.

———————————————————————
Seriously though, I can’t believe I haven’t tried them before. I run MH bulbs and always just ran my water temp a bit higher than ideal because I didn’t want to fork out the money for a chiller. For $20 on Amazon, I can now keep my 120g at 78.5 +/- 0.3 deg F. Of course water is cheap here in Missouri and you need an RO system with ATO, but other than that I’m not sure why they get a bad rap!

IMG_3700.png IMG_3701.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new