Anemone help!

MidwestReefer1989

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
So long story short. I got an anemone 2 days ago and he has not been settling. I have tried different methods and it just crawls back out of the sand every time I place him.
Anyway, today he started to deflate and “spill its guts” and I immediately thought he was a goner. Out of fear for the tank inhabitants I removed him from the tank and placed him in a Tupperware filled with saltwater that I use for water changes. He immediately started pulling his “guts” back in and has attached his foot to the bottom of the Tupperware. He currently looks like the photo attached.
First, is he going to be okay? Secondly, if I try reintroducing him to the aquarium should I turn off the filter for a couple hours to let him settle? I have a fluval 13.5 evo. I also included a photo of the tank.

1EC863CC-1D7D-400F-98A2-0C4C77B8A52F.jpeg AB832712-01C0-4A34-93F7-CB4DAA2FE16D.jpeg
 
I cant see the nem since he is tipped upside down in the pic. Put him inside a strainer in the tank, to keep temperature good. What type of lighting do you have? Tank levels?
 
Lighting runs from 10 am to 9 pm. It’s a stock light with the evo system. I think it’s 45000k led.
levels:
Sal: 1.024
Nitrates: 20 (coming down)
Nitrite:0
Phosphates: 0
Temp: 76-78
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new