Anemone Identification

Navbear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm a new member. Bought this nem as a 'Red footed sand anemone' but not sure it is. Can anyone confirm the type? Been in the tank for 3 months.

d240fa2c-5f6a-4f5a-80ca-9ab9e2afa338.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The positive characteristics here are the different color tentacles at regular intervals, the bands some of the tentacles have, sand animal, color foot, and should have white verrucae at the top of the column. They fo not get larger than 6-8 inches. You won’t have any problem getting Ocellaris or Percula to accept them as host. Very nice anemone for small to medium tanks.

OP
OP
Navbear

Navbear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The positive characteristics here are the different color tentacles at regular intervals, the bands some of the tentacles have, sand animal, color foot, and should have white verrucae at the top of the column. They fo not get larger than 6-8 inches. You won’t have any problem getting Ocellaris or Percula to accept them as host. Very nice anemone for small to medium tanks.
Thank you again!
My percula clown pair have no interest in the nem, they much rather prefer an Elegance coral which has hosted them for quite some time now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back