anemone tank only

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all i set this tank up some time ago but has been shut down for 5 years

i would like to restart it and have it as clowns and nems again

but i want to raise the clowns my self.. so while i do this can i just have anemone in the tank alone would this work ?

also my leds are over 5 years old so guessing there are newer better out there now

any other nem only tanks out there ?? :)

kingnem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yor leds might be fine if you can find a par rating, im working on a nano with two carpets and clowns, you can keep the tank empty and only have nems what kind are you looking for?

OP
OP
S

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi the lights are

Evergrow IT2080
Technical Information

• Programmable 200 watt Full Spectrum LED aquarium lights
  • Touch Panel control for easy programming
  • LCD Display
  • Using 99 pcs high power 3w LED
  • Remote Control within 5 meters
  • 120 degree lenses
  • Wide Voltage design (AC85-264V )
  • Special LED configurations for different coral growth
  • Operating frequency 50Hz/60Hz
  • BridgeLux LEDs
  • Can be used with any indoor growing method - hydroponics, aeroponics, soil
  • 3 big quality fans on back run against heat
  • No need for additional cooling equipment, ballasts or reflectors
  • Integrated hanging kit - very easy to hang
  • Safe to operate - no risk of fire, burns or exploding bulbs
  • Produce less heat,less than 10ºC-12ºC tempareture rise
  • 80%more energy efficicient Metal Halide or HPS lamps-Drastically reduce your electric bill
  • 50,000+ hour life cycle
  • Two years warranty
  • Weight 8Kg
  • Dimensions 80x20x7 cm
Color ratio

• C1: 18 x Royal Blue 450nm, 8 x Blue 460nm
  • C2: 8 x Cool White 12,000k, 6 x Daylight White 6500k, 4 x Warm White 3500k, 2 x Red 660nm, 2 x Green 520nm, 4 x Violet 420nm
  • C3: 3 x Blue 480nm
Maybe there will be ok but i want to do things right and get it right so if it will be beneficial to upgrade then i will look into it

as for nems i think ill like a mix of BTA and them maybe some carpet nems or something abit more colour full

just the tank will be new and they say you shouldn't add nems to a new tank i guess beacuse of the bio load on the tank but with it just been nems for say 6 months then it maybe ok ?

kingnem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi the lights are

Evergrow IT2080
Technical Information

• Programmable 200 watt Full Spectrum LED aquarium lights
  • Touch Panel control for easy programming
  • LCD Display
  • Using 99 pcs high power 3w LED
  • Remote Control within 5 meters
  • 120 degree lenses
  • Wide Voltage design (AC85-264V )
  • Special LED configurations for different coral growth
  • Operating frequency 50Hz/60Hz
  • BridgeLux LEDs
  • Can be used with any indoor growing method - hydroponics, aeroponics, soil
  • 3 big quality fans on back run against heat
  • No need for additional cooling equipment, ballasts or reflectors
  • Integrated hanging kit - very easy to hang
  • Safe to operate - no risk of fire, burns or exploding bulbs
  • Produce less heat,less than 10ºC-12ºC tempareture rise
  • 80%more energy efficicient Metal Halide or HPS lamps-Drastically reduce your electric bill
  • 50,000+ hour life cycle
  • Two years warranty
  • Weight 8Kg
  • Dimensions 80x20x7 cm
Color ratio

• C1: 18 x Royal Blue 450nm, 8 x Blue 460nm
  • C2: 8 x Cool White 12,000k, 6 x Daylight White 6500k, 4 x Warm White 3500k, 2 x Red 660nm, 2 x Green 520nm, 4 x Violet 420nm
  • C3: 3 x Blue 480nm
Maybe there will be ok but i want to do things right and get it right so if it will be beneficial to upgrade then i will look into it

as for nems i think ill like a mix of BTA and them maybe some carpet nems or something abit more colour full

just the tank will be new and they say you shouldn't add nems to a new tank i guess beacuse of the bio load on the tank but with it just been nems for say 6 months then it maybe ok ?

So in my honest opinion if you can keep your tank stable or within 2 points either way up or down you can keep anemones in a new tank i do it all the time my current anemone is in a 1week old tank and is doing amazing

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why you can't.

watch water chemistry closely.

Is the tank cycled? Or brand new?

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your light would be fine to be honest, it covers all the major spectrum most lights today cover.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your light would be fine to be honest, it covers all the major spectrum most lights today cover.

What's your opinion on adding a BTA to a new tank that's been cycled instantly with a marine pure block that's been sitting in mature tank for 2 months? Assuming you keep params stable, would it be ok?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 gal
20180614_202029.jpg

kingnem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your opinion on adding a BTA to a new tank that's been cycled instantly with a marine pure block that's been sitting in mature tank for 2 months? Assuming you keep params stable, would it be ok?

Yes it would be fine! In my personal experience bubbles are very reactive to water parameter issues so if you can spot and correct them in time or if you dont have any youre good!

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It really really really depends on your experience and comfort level. I've done similar with H. Mags, but I have full confidence I can understand what the nem is telling me based on how it's acting and other general indicators in my system.

So I'm not going to say it can't be done, but eany fresh tank is going to go through the uglies and knowing how to get a nem through the uglies and to the other side safely is key.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really really really depends on your experience and comfort level. I've done similar with H. Mags, but I have full confidence I can understand what the nem is telling me based on how it's acting and other general indicators in my system.

So I'm not going to say it can't be done, but eany fresh tank is going to go through the uglies and knowing how to get a nem through the uglies and to the other side safely is key.

I understand. My 250g is an acro dominant tank where I'm checking water chemistry almost daily. I've never owned an anemone before, so those visual queues/signs are not as obvious to me. I've read your severity guide, so perhaps I may give it a shot after another month or so.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand. My 250g is an acro dominant tank where I'm checking water chemistry almost daily. I've never owned an anemone before, so those visual queues/signs are not as obvious to me. I've read your severity guide, so perhaps I may give it a shot after another month or so.

One thing you really really have to watch out for with Nems is they GENERALLY do better with nutrients in the tanks. I'm not talking outrageous amounts, but 5-10ppm Nitrate and .5-1ppm Phos is not uncommon. It's not required, but not uncommon. The determining factor is usually what kind of tank the nem came out of. It probably goes without saying that if you took even an easier difficulty SPS stick and moved it from a tank with higher nutrients into a tank with lower ones it would have problems. The difference with nems is they are internally made of water essentially, so even after an acclimation they may not have acclimated as much as you think.

BRS has a video from MACNA 2017 where a guy does a nem talk. I don't hand and hand agree with everything he says, but I do agree with a lot of what he says. We all have different ways, but there are some commonalities. Either way worth a watch.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing you really really have to watch out for with Nems is they GENERALLY do better with nutrients in the tanks. I'm not talking outrageous amounts, but 5-10ppm Nitrate and .5-1ppm Phos is not uncommon. It's not required, but not uncommon. The determining factor is usually what kind of tank the nem came out of. It probably goes without saying that if you took even an easier difficulty SPS stick and moved it from a tank with higher nutrients into a tank with lower ones it would have problems. The difference with nems is they are internally made of water essentially, so even after an acclimation they may not have acclimated as much as you think.

BRS has a video from MACNA 2017 where a guy does a nem talk. I don't hand and hand agree with everything he says, but I do agree with a lot of what he says. We all have different ways, but there are some commonalities. Either way worth a watch.

I'll check the video out!

So right now my acro tank sits at 3ppm n03 and .06 po4. Just riding that line of having SOME nutrients, but not a lot. I've been ghost feeding the 90g, but haven't even installed my skimmer or refugium yet (Kessil h380 + cheato from my acro tank). I'll do some testing, see where we're at. Regardless, I'd prefer to wait at least a month. Thanks for the advice my friend!

OP
OP
S

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone mixing nems in same tank ?
still looking to set this up in dec

Back