Anemone Tentacle loss

Do you run activated carbon? If not I would suggest it. It will get all the toxins out that the insulation might have leached into the tank. Another question. How did you keep the cycle going for 2 years with no live stock?
There was rock in there that I have had running in a fish tank for the past seven years but when I moved I purchased a bigger tank and moved that rock in my sand from my old tank to the new tank and it was just so busy with work and life that I just left it going it actually had a long spine see urgent live rock the sand and I didn’t do any water changes I did top off’s and occasionally I would go in there and I would it would replace that filter pad.Now about nine months ago I started doing water changes and adding sand and doing everything to the tank so that hopefully I could have it ready to add stuff
 
Just did a water change and here is the current anemone

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new