Anemones

SpaceInvader98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys which anemone would be the best for my tank? I have these 2 options. My tank is 20g with maroon clownfish and an urchin with some snails
Screenshot_20191209-185202_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20191209-185210_WhatsApp.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much do you think is the price of the first and second one?
That's the tricky part of the hobby.

They can both be green bubbles but someone can say one is a majestic green acid wash.

So a normal GBTA will cost anywhere from 30-80 bucks where I live and an acid wash one will run tou 150-400 depending on color and size.

I got both my nems from this site and they were 150 each for crazy rainbow and ultra rose colored. You just gotta find the ones you like!

Mine actually ended up next t ok each other hahaha silly nems!

The pics you provided dont look very clear so it's hard to say what type they really are. How much is the shop or person selling them for?

Personally I'm not a green nem fan so id pay 50 for those with the pics provided. However if they are some kind of green black widow or or acid wash then they would fetch more ;)

20191208_123045.jpg

OP
OP
SpaceInvader98

SpaceInvader98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the tricky part of the hobby.

They can both be green bubbles but someone can say one is a majestic green acid wash.

So a normal GBTA will cost anywhere from 30-80 bucks where I live and an acid wash one will run tou 150-400 depending on color and size.

I got both my nems from this site and they were 150 each for crazy rainbow and ultra rose colored. You just gotta find the ones you like!

Mine actually ended up next t ok each other hahaha silly nems!

The pics you provided dont look very clear so it's hard to say what type they really are. How much is the shop or person selling them for?

Personally I'm not a green nem fan so id pay 50 for those with the pics provided. However if they are some kind of green black widow or or acid wash then they would fetch more ;)

20191208_123045.jpg
Wow nice nem! 70$ for the first 30$ for the second one

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look locally if you have a reef club or on Craigslist. In my area there is a glut of BTA’s

Here are my last two purchases.

F416F310-57D7-460D-9228-81D169BCF103.jpeg

54A1CC86-B714-413E-8B6B-34DF02853D21.jpeg

I gave a guy $25 credit towards something he was buying from me for the top one. The bottom one was free from somebody overrun with splits.

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go second. Due to price that's just me though. Plus it could look different in your tank, it depends on your lighting and if it's the same as the shop you brought it from. Also be aware that after a while the bubbles may disappear.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look locally if you have a reef club or on Craigslist. In my area there is a glut of BTA’s

I gave a guy $25 credit towards something he was buying from me for the top one. The bottom one was free from somebody overrun with splits.
Some would try to sell that top one as a colorado gold for 1500 hahaha

Nice nems!!

OP
OP
SpaceInvader98

SpaceInvader98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds good, what kind of sand is that?

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither,
A 20G tank is too small for a maroon clown and it is very difficult to keep stable enough parameters for an anemone in that size tank. You also have to have the correct lighting for an anemone and be sure to keep your power heads covered in case the anemone takes a walk about and ends up getting shredded in your powerheads. Also certain breeds of clowns are natural guests for certain types on anemones and I am almost positive a BTA is not a natural host for a Maroon clown. I would do a Google search to see which anemones host which type of clown.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 points for Merkey! :cool:

First pic is an image the guy I traded with sent me of the BTA in an acclimation box. That's GSP below on a rock,

Second pic is in my bare bottom tank...

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither,
A 20G tank is too small for a maroon clown and it is very difficult to keep stable enough parameters for an anemone in that size tank. You also have to have the correct lighting for an anemone and be sure to keep your power heads covered in case the anemone takes a walk about and ends up getting shredded in your powerheads. Also certain breeds of clowns are natural guests for certain types on anemones and I am almost positive a BTA is not a natural host for a Maroon clown. I would do a Google search to see which anemones host which type of clown.

Good call on the tank size, which I missed. You should be thinking 40B and up for Maroons, and the smaller the tank, the rougher they will be on tankmates...

For the record, BTA's will host Maroons and they are one of the easiest species to pair up with a bubble tip anemone...

Last edited:

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that info. I haven't looked at the list is quite a while and don't have my maroon anymore. I am one of the people who bought first and then investigated and bought a condy anemone for my maroon in my first tank not knowing that they rarely if ever host at all.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that info. I haven't looked at the list is quite a while and don't have my maroon anymore. I am one of the people who bought first and then investigated and bought a condy anemone for my maroon in my first tank not knowing that they rarely if ever host at all.

No worries. I also remember back in the day when LTA and Condylactus anemones were the only things available. A Maroon was the best choice to see some interaction as they will bull their way into just about anything with tentacles.

I've had big females that would probably take a mop head as a host :D

OP
OP
SpaceInvader98

SpaceInvader98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither,
I ended up going to the store and getting a percula clownfish instead. Went back home my maroon shredded him like a shark and a little sardine. Took them both back to the store and got these 2 instead. They both have been in the same tank together for a year at the petstore. Got them both for 90$, btw I ended up removing the 9000L/hr wave maker. The clownfish got acclimated for 1 hr and 30 minutes. And after 10 minutes they accepted to eat from my hand brine shrimp.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back