OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think this is part of the Anenome or something else trying to strangle it? Because the second would explain it not opening up at the bottom…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 59

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think this is part of the Anenome or something else trying to strangle it? Because the second would explain it not opening up at the bottom…
I'm not sure what you mean by the bottom opening up. The only thing that comes to my mind is you think the foot should be stretching. That is not the case. The foot can stretch if it's reaching for light or flow, but if it's happy in its spot then it does not need to stretch the foot.
I am not exactly sure what those strings are but they look very close to me like Dino's which would explain your PO4 at zero. I am certainly not saying that's what it is but it could be. Perhaps someone else knows what that is.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cut or remove that string, looks like a hair. Stop feeding it for a day. mine shrink right up when they have to poop. yours looks fine, but try to stop playing with it, with foods. it can only consume so much.

OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you mean by the bottom opening up. The only thing that comes to my mind is you think the foot should be stretching. That is not the case. The foot can stretch if it's reaching for light or flow, but if it's happy in its spot then it does not need to stretch the foot.
I am not exactly sure what those strings are but they look very close to me like Dino's which would explain your PO4 at zero. I am certainly not saying that's what it is but it could be. Perhaps someone else knows what that is.
Sorry the bottom half of the head. The foot is comfortably tucked in. Just the tenticles in the bottom half have been retracted for days now.
was worried about Dinos but im fairly sure it’s orange algae, or maybe just wishful thinking

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at first I thought it was snail trail but could possibly be hair, remove this asap, I had a clown fish eat a hair years ago but luckily I caught it and pulled it out.
I would stop feeding as much also, you need to give anemone chance to find it's place and settle in as it figures out best area to survive in your aquarium. mine hid in a cave for months then it came out on its own

OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm. Not going well I think…still does not move tho
image.jpg

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine to me also, they generally move to find a more suitable spot for light/ flow, if it's not moving then assume it's happy

did you remove that stringy thing/possible hair :)

Attachments

• IMG20230327181152.jpg
    IMG20230327181152.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine to me also, they generally move to find a more suitable spot for light/ flow, if it's not moving then assume it's happy

did you remove that stringy thing/possible hair :)
maybe I am just overthinking. Yeah removed the hair. Seems more uniformally open now as opposed to mostly on the top. Which kinda makes me feel better. Leaving it be advice is hard!

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, mine came looking great, then it moved into a cave for approximately 4 months, turned white, now it's hosting a clown and full of colour, so I understand your concerns :)
It will be fine :)

A little advice for future, get a cover/jump guard, not only to keep fish in and safe but also keep out those HAIRS, if you don't already have one, if you see any floating in your aquarium remove asap :)

OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, mine came looking great, then it moved into a cave for approximately 4 months, turned white, now it's hosting a clown and full of colour, so I understand your concerns :)
It will be fine :)

A little advice for future, get a cover/jump guard, not only to keep fish in and safe but also keep out those HAIRS, if you don't already have one, if you see any floating in your aquarium remove asap :)
Interesting you said that. I actually have a lid but have avoided putting on because of gas transfer and won’t it block out some of the light?

OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and btw. Got some phosphate. Finally. Small wins

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks better. Is it possible that the Sexy shrimp bothering it? Now that the clown moved in, it chase the sexy shrimp out and keep them from damaging the anemone? I never keep sexy shrimp, so I don't know. I do know that the anemone does not get any benefit from the shrimp.

OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it seems to be happier with life. Some colour coming back. At the moment the clown and the shrimps are sharing it, the clown hasn’t quite decided it’s home yet. Don’t think the sexys damage it, it’s a normal relationship from what I read. Not sure they help it either mind! They do try and pinch my spot feeding! Also diatoms are finally receding. happy days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roller coaster with this guy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he pooing. Or dying??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 36

Urban Reefer Detroit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya,
Any help with this one. This Anenome is about a month old, tank about 6 months old. Param SG 1.0250, Temp 25.5C, Ammonia, nitrites and phosphate 0, nitrates about 7.5, KH 10, calcium and mg are both a bit high, calcium around 500. Lights are Fluval Sea, on at almost max all colours for about 10 hours (fade in and out), 40 gallon tank.
it moved once, and settled here ever since. Fees reef roids maybe twice a week.
it suddenly started to do this. No obvious reason why but was after a water change (20%). It’s Closed but only on the bottom. Been 2 days now. Guessing it’s not light as the top is mostly always out. You can see the flow in the video.
any advice?
Shifts in water chemistry will cause them to close. Should be back to normal in a few days. 6 month old tank and20% water change is an issue. Do a 10% instead. The tank is so young parameters are probably swinging

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on seeing what visually looks like dinos in some photos + it looking partially bleached in some (to me) I think the shrunken tentacles could be a lot of things going on at once.

For starters feeding more meaty offerings that aren't too large such as thawed frozen foods would be a lot more ideal than a finer powder like reefroids to help it regain some nutrition if it is indeed bleached (I wouldn't suggest more than twice weekly though)

Manual removal of dinos while not the ideal long term solution to the problem would be a good idea since I don't think bubble anemones tolerate them too well.

Lastly based on the most recent photo shown, did you notice any expulsion of zooxanthellae (brown slime/poo) or uneaten/undigested foods?

OP
OP
dbaulch83

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on seeing what visually looks like dinos in some photos + it looking partially bleached in some (to me) I think the shrunken tentacles could be a lot of things going on at once.

For starters feeding more meaty offerings that aren't too large such as thawed frozen foods would be a lot more ideal than a finer powder like reefroids to help it regain some nutrition if it is indeed bleached (I wouldn't suggest more than twice weekly though)

Manual removal of dinos while not the ideal long term solution to the problem would be a good idea since I don't think bubble anemones tolerate them too well.

Lastly based on the most recent photo shown, did you notice any expulsion of zooxanthellae (brown slime/poo) or uneaten/undigested foods?
Yes…. This popped out….
Think it’s diatoms, or hopefully was. Seems much less now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 31

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back