Anenome troubles

Risk1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this guy 2 months ago at a show, it was much larger. Had it in QT for 2 weeks (did fine) then into DT. After a couple days it split and the halves have been slowly wasting away over time.

They've been walking all around the rockwork for weeks now. Accidently walked into a MP40 stream and got hit with hard current for a day or so. Cant seem to find a home they like.

Both these guys are looking really bad.

Tanks is nearly a year old, full of coralline, corals doing well, params very stable for a reef tank, nitrate/phospate around 14/.05. temp 79...daily 1/2 gallon auto WC.

I fed rarely at the beginning, mysis mostly, now I feed once a week.

Something Im missing? They look terrible.

Side note I have a rock flower doing awesome.

20220515_215723 (Medium).jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Got this guy 2 months ago at a show, it was much larger. Had it in QT for 2 weeks (did fine) then into DT. After a couple days it split and the halves have been slowly wasting away over time.

They've been walking all around the rockwork for weeks now. Accidently walked into a MP40 stream and got hit with hard current for a day or so. Cant seem to find a home they like.

Tanks is nearly a year old, full of coralline, corals doing well, params very stable for a reef tank, nitrate/phospate around 14/.05. temp 79...daily 1/2 gallon auto WC.

Not terrible but unhappy
Generally it is due to:
Too much or too little light
Insufficient water flow
High nitrates
Hunger

moderate to medium light and moderate water flow and feed 2x per week with chopped krill or mysis shrimp

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a colorado that's not done great as well, and we've been feeding him tiny slices of scallops to help him along. Part of the problem is that he's positioned himself in a bad spot where he's not getting a lot of light.

It already gets a mix of calanus, brine and mysis daily - but it's really been enjoying the scallops.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What do you have for lighting. If they are moving that much almost seams they are searching for light. Mine sometimes move but it seams when they find a spot they like they typically stay put.

OP
OP
R

Risk1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow sounds like Im starving these guys, I fed them very little to begin with now Im at once per week, just a bunch of mysis. Ill start feeding twice a week. I got some silversides...how large a peice can they eat?

I have a pair of neptune SKY lights at around 50%.

OP
OP
R

Risk1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI there is a rock flower anemone in there. They been in the same tank since the QT. The RFA is growing awesome. I've read some posts here suggesting you cant mix anemone's. Theyre about 5-6" apart at the closest.

Could this be an issue?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back