Angel fish black eye!

leen.tu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a new tank still cycling
When i got it i got fish and corals snails and crabs from the guy who sold me his tank and they have been in the tank foe about a month now

All seemed good today one of my snails died and my parameters were not great "my LFS guy told me last week to not change my water so the cycle happens faster after he tested my water.. this was Saturday."

After my snail died took a sample went to LFS and explained everything he told me to remove it from tank and do a water change after i did that noticed my angel fish has a black eye!!
Im super new to this and not sure how to do this
I have no QT yet please advise

I have 3 clownfish
And 3 other fish they are silver with green shade i don't know the name
Snails and crabs and a shrimp
Along with corals

Screenshot_20211124-005904_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211124-005857_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211124-005854_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211124-005849_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211124-005846_Gallery.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a new tank still cycling
When i got it i got fish and corals snails and crabs from the guy who sold me his tank and they have been in the tank foe about a month now

All seemed good today one of my snails died and my parameters were not great "my LFS guy told me last week to not change my water so the cycle happens faster after he tested my water.. this was Saturday."

After my snail died took a sample went to LFS and explained everything he told me to remove it from tank and do a water change after i did that noticed my angel fish has a black eye!!
Im super new to this and not sure how to do this
I have no QT yet please advise

I have 3 clownfish
And 3 other fish they are silver with green shade i don't know the name
Snails and crabs and a shrimp
Along with corals

Screenshot_20211124-005904_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211124-005857_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211124-005854_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211124-005849_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211124-005846_Gallery.jpg

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The discoloration below the angel's eyes can be a sign of stress, it isn't from a specific disease. I'm most concerned about your water quality. Corals and angelfish should not be added to a newly established tank.

Can you post full water quality results for this tank? I'm especially concerned about the ammonia level.

Jay Hemdal

OP
OP
L

leen.tu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The discoloration below the angel's eyes can be a sign of stress, it isn't from a specific disease. I'm most concerned about your water quality. Corals and angelfish should not be added to a newly established tank.

Can you post full water quality results for this tank? I'm especially concerned about the ammonia level.

Jay Hemdal
The fish and corals came with the tank i bought ( used) i wasn't planning on having live stock so soon and because i lack experience i did a whole new system not using any rocks from the guy because he had a lot of pests i will twst water today and post the results

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back